1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm tired of pretending to like guys.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IphisAndIanthe, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Earlier some friends of mine decided to all make profiles on a dating site, and they pressured me into doing it with them. I really wanted to say "seeking: female" on my profile, but I couldn't without outing myself. I don't know what I'm going to do if any guys respond to my profile.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

That's horrible, sorry. They shouldn't have pressured you into doing that. Curious, why would they care if you're on a dating site or not?

3. Simple Thoughts

Oh that's unfortunate :frowning2:

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Don't worry too much though. The best method for dealing with this problem is just waiting until your friends are gone, then you can go back to the site and edit your info to switch it to 'seeking female' or even just ignore the dating site altogether. I think I still have one or two floating around that I've forgotten about xD

As to your other problem. When the time is right and you're feeling okay with yourself you'll come out. Just hang in there and keep searching for the best way for you to be open about who you are. :slight_smile:

4. Tayb24

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Would this perhaps be a good time to come out to your friends at all? How do you think they would react?

If you are all doing this thing together, then it will probably be hard for you to just ignore every single message you get if they are going to be aware of it. If they wouldn't know though, just don't respond to any guys then.

5. C P

C P

Swap out 'guys' with 'girls' and I feel you there.

I would probably have deleted the profile and just said that I'm not interested in looking for anyone at the moment.

6. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Although in response to the OP's question. You could just delete your profile on the site. Do you think your friends will notice if you do?

#6 Mlpguy88, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  7. Thanks for all the responses.

Y'all are right. I'll probably just ignore the profile and tell my friends that I didn't get any responses. It was just frustrating and reminded me that I can't express myself freely like they can.

8. Simple Thoughts

Don't fret too much, things will come with time. When you're ready you're ready. Until then just keep on keepin on.

9. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know, you can always change who you're seeking. I've come across many women on dating sites who have seeking men on their profile yet they have managed to send me messages. You can still search for women that way, but it gives people the wrong impression, like you're hiding who you are.

I mean, you've made such a huge step by signing up for a dating site and you should be proud of yourself. So, why not change who you are seeking to women? It takes one click, save then search. I'm sure once you make that second step of finding someone who you connect with, you will feel more confident.

The first time, I signed up for a dating site, I freaked out and hid my profile :lol:

However, I decided to take a leap of faith and so far I've had a ton of success. By the way, you don't have to let your friends know just yet, at least not until you're ready.

#9 pinklov3ly, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know how you feel I'm so tried of pretending to like men I feel so weird when I lie about liking men because I know deep in my heart I don't like them .:confused:

11. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to have a profile on a dating site, and it was as simple as change who I'm seeking for to rule out unwanted attention. Very few people (apart from old or creepy guys) showed interest so I deleted the profile. I couldn't afford the member fees anyway, my membership kept expiring and then I was unable to respond to messages from interested parties.

I had my preference set to men and women, so the search results were varied. You could always change yours to say seeking men and women, and only contact the women? Or as previously mentioned, you could just delete your profile and tell your friends that nobody was interested and you're not looking to date at the moment