1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roommates

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jwis, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Jwis

Ugh. Just need to vent here a little I'm going crazy. I moved in with two friends into a house last June. One roommate is fine, the other is going to cause me to go American Psycho. He is 'training' a dog that he got to be a hunting dog. All he does is yell at the thing. He has this place training, basically she is not allowed to move off a certain place.. ever. I don't like dogs to begin with (I thought I could manage to live with one, but not like this).

There's no real abuse (by the definition of the law at least) so there's nothing I can do there. He takes any attempt to talk to him about it as a assault on his character.

The old saying is right. Never move in with friends. I know once I move out our friendship will be over. I will not want anything to do with him any longer.

I used to live a lone. It's expensive but so much better. I know I will not be staying past June (when my lease is up). So I have a end in sight, but I still just needed to vent!

Who else has roommate issues?

2. willycubed28

I used to have roommate problems so I can identify with this. I shared a dorm with this guy, and I swear he was the loudest snorer in the world. It was obnoxious at how loud he was. I mean he was so loud that it woke me up and then kept me up all night. I eventually had to get another roommate because I couldn't stand it any more.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear that. I have lived with a couple of friends in the past, and I didn't have any problems - sure there were minor disagreements and what not, but nothing that would cause me of wanting to move out or that would end a friendship.

Even though I had a good experience, I would agree with that living by oneself is better. There is just something about having one's own space, and not having to worry about what the other person is doing.

Hope it won't get any worse and you will be able to leave things amicably with your friend.