1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had my first car accident today :(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sully, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Sully

What a day! I got a phone call really early this morning. My dad thought he was going to have to get his dog put down and needed some support, so I jump out of bed, into the car and head to pick him and the dog up.

He gets in the car and I start to pull up to a T-intersection with heavy two way traffic, and lots of parked cars. I misjudged how far on the road I was, saw the other car slow, and took off as I guess I was a bit frazzled by the whole dog situation.

The other car was a lot closer and I hadn't looked in their direction again before pulling out. Fortunately only my front right end and their front left end collided and the damage was pretty minor. Neither of us was injured...well my pride took a bit of a beating...

Left me feeling off all day though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: it'll cost me about $1000 all up. I needed that like a whole in the head! I was freaking out that somehow my insurance policy wasn't paid or something terrible and I was going to end up in a heap of financial trouble.

Well, fortunately that isn't the case. Definitely a learning curve :bang:

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry you had a car accident. :icon_sad:

I wrote my car off on 6th January 2009, at 15:45 (Yes, I remember it to this day). A guy turned in front of me at a traffic light and we collided. I got away with a couple of bruises from the seatbelt, and a broken finger (which now has a titanium plate and screws in)

It was the second car accident I've been in. The first one wasn't with my car, and I wasn't driving. Luckily nobody got hurt, but the car had quite a bit of damage in front. A guy misjudged himself with a big truck and the truck hit him, his car spun and then slid backwards into the front of the car, we were standing still at a stop sign. Bloody idiot! (And it turns out he didn't even have a license, and was from another country, probably illegally!)

So don't feel bad about your car accident. It can happen to just about anyone (*hug*)

3. Sully

Thanks, it's just left me with that horrible, uneasy/stomach butterfly feeling.

4. willycubed28

Trust me I know the feeling. I had my car accident a year ago this month, and I remember like it was yesterday. I ended up totaling my car but it worked out for the best because I was able to get a brand new car with lower payments. Anyway, glad you are okay. Cars can be replaced. You can't!