1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the worst, most homophobic and offensive thing you have ever heard/been told

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gaybestfriend01, Feb 11, 2014.

1. What's the worst, most homophobic and offensive thing you have ever heard/been told? I ask this because someone today said to me that lgbt people shouldn't be able to have/adopt children because it traumatized them and ruins their lives.:bang:

2. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: What's the worst, most homophobic and offensive thing you have ever heard/been to

Honestly not much I have a mixed kid and I have not heard very many racist comments either so I guess I'm lucky. I also surround myself with accepting human beings.

:thewave:

3. BelleFromHell

Re: What's the worst, most homophobic and offensive thing you have ever heard/been to

I don't know if I can pick just one thing as most offensive, but one of the most offensive things I heard was from my mother.
    I told her I was a bit concerned about my weight. (I'm almost 5'8" and weigh about 120 pounds, which I don't really know what the average is supposed to be for someone that tall)
    She told me that since I was a lesbian, it didn't really matter how fat I got since I'd be pleasing a woman instead of a man. I asked her what the hell she meant by that, and I got gounded for a week..

---------- Post added 11th Feb 2014 at 09:02 PM ----------

Funny, straight people say that being raised by LGBTs tramatizes children, yet they don't give a rat's ass about all of the single mothers raising their children in poverty and continue to create millions of unwanted babies.
    I was raised by a single mother who could barely keep a job, and we moved around CONSTANTLY.
    If I had a choice to be raised by two mommies or daddies instead of one mommy, I would have sure as hell taken it.

#3 BelleFromHell, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  4. Sorceress of Az

I will have to separate them into categories:

A: Directed at Gay-Men: "Their icky, it's gross so it's a wrong lifestyle." (Said by a blonde..)

B: Directed at Genderqueer people, this one was my Grandpa: "It's an abomination, if the lord had intended them to be the other sex he would have created them that way." (When asked why the lord didn't make their mind and body match each other, my grandpa went into a he's the potter he can break the clay pots if he wants to rant...Grandfather really pisses me off some times.)

C: Directed at Bi's: "I wouldn't date a Bisexual, their all gross and all slutty." - That one almost made me snap.

D: Directed at Pansexuals: "They must just be so horny they don't care who it is."

E: Directed at Lesbians: "They must have just had bad experiences with men, I'm sure no woman really likes other women." (That one came from my Grandmother.)

F: Directed at all non-straight and all non-cisgendered: Heard this one on a Forum by a Troll: "They should all just be gathered up and shot by a firing squad." - that's from a post that got that Troll banned.

I dislike hateful people,
    and I hate when a person is judged based upon some thing when the person doesn't even know them. Though I hate stereotypes of all kinds, no matter the source.

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I can't exactly remember but I think it was, "go to hell you disgusting sinful f***** piece of shit" and on like that for 2 or 3 more paragraphs.

6. Skov

Honestly, I've heard a lot of terrible things, whether it be from one of my best friends (who has an absolutely terrible view), or my Dad. I'd rather not repeat them though. I like to focus on the good things: not the bad.

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

The worst comment from anyone I've ever read came from the CBS article about a gay couple getting thrown out of a cab. It went something along the lines of this:

"Good. Remember when back in the day, you could beat one of these within an inch of their life, leaving them on the sidewalk just so they could get arrested by the cops for blocking the way?"

I can't find that article anywhere, but I'm not sure what scared me more, reading that comment or the fact that it only had upvotes on it.

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Oh man. I honestly don't hear a lot of it personally directed towards me. But I have a friend, who's trans like me. Anyway, his girlfriend's trans too. Has a really shitty side of his family and he posts a lot about them and the shit they tell him and his girl. He was told one time that his girlfriend was really a man. When he stood up for her and said he was trans too, the idiot told him that he and his girlfriend should be lynched.

And that's not even the half of it. I actually know a guy who just got kicked out and is now homeless because he's trans.

9. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family

A girl in my class made a throwaway comment once; she was reading a book which I'd already read and I was irritating her by giving her spoilers. I told her one of the characters was gay and she said "Eww, sick. Why would he do that?"

10. Nicholas1991

Probably when one of my friends said that he wishes we could go back to the "old days when gays used to be bashed in the streets". Id never heard him say anything homophobic before that so it was kind of a shock, i felt like hitting him.

11. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Too nasty to repeat... lets just say most people were a lot more close-minded in the 80s

12. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Here's one that I get all the damn time, especially as someone who's trans*. I got it while debating for unisex bathrooms not too long ago, and I've even gotten it here on EC:

The notion that I want to take away the comfort of the majority of people just to satisfy my own selfish wants because I'm a minority.

This irritates me so much, because it's not about being selfish. It's not even about me. I could totally go with being in a male bathroom, personally. It's about including 100% of people in a situation where we can all be comfortable, where 0% can be discriminated against. And in the case of bathrooms, 100% will be uncomfortable, because that's simply the nature of bathrooms. It's just a case of people being thrown out of one because they don't "pass enough", trans* or not.

So I'm sorry if you personally find it icky. That doesn't mean that, just because you're not trans*, that you represent every single person who isn't trans*. Or gay. Or bi. And I'm sorry if it offends you even to the point of puking, but it's not going to stop me from being a hand in helping those who are oppressed, those who are truly oppressed. There are people killing themselves because of people who say that we're fighting for "special rights" when those "special rights" are being accepted and tolerated (believe it or not, the media doesn't speak for everybody).

13. ZenMusic

My friend asked me if I caught being gay.

14. CookiiBear

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

At school, I get comments like "gay" and "queer" and other things like that, it doesn't really bother me but it annoys me more often then not. If someone says something like that I just say thanks, and they'll stop (for the day atleast). I remember one day I got called "camp" which made me laugh, didn't bother me at all. :lol:

The only people that call me names is boys in lower years, maybe sometimes in my year, I know that they're all ignorant and don't understand that some people are different and that today, being gay is pretty normal. :thumbsup:

Also, my mum asked my grandad what he thought about the whole "gay" situation (this was before I came out to him and my grandma) and he said "he's not into it at all"???:eusa_doh:

15. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I don't even know where to begin. Plenty. Some too offensive to post here. I'll share a lighter one. "Stay away from me, you f**king freak, I hope your testicles drop off! F**k off!" That's from when I came out to a guy 'friend' as ftm. A little uneducated so I found it too funny to be personally offended.

16. TheUglyBarnacle

The all-time classics about gays being abominations should probably make the top of my list especially since a "friend" of mine had once added how awesome it'd be if all of the gays were burned (I really doubt he was joking even though he said it to my face).Have heard these quite a few times, though, so even if they hurt at the time I've kinda grown used to them. The one that stuck the most with me, though, is something an otherwise likable teacher had said while she was telling us about a trip of hers abroad.
    She had seen LGBTQ youth who were living in terrible conditions (I assume they had been kicked out?)and after mentioning it she proceeded to rant about how much they brought this upon themselves by going against their nature and God. She had spoken with such vehemence it was just painful.

17. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

I was at a friends house and there was a couple of others there that i didn't know very well. The conversation turned to gay marriage and one of the guys said that if he ever had a gay child he would beat it out of them and a few agreed and said how upset they would be if they had gay kids. I was just sitting there thinking I can't say anything because they agree with him and i don't know these people very well so don't know how they would react if I said anything against their opinion, if I say I have to leave the will know that's why so I just sat there and listened to the crap the were saying and when I did leave I was pissed at myself for not saying anything.

---------- Post added 12th Feb 2014 at 08:11 PM ----------

I just remembered another, it was a couple of months after I came out (I came out as ftm before I figured androgynous fit me better) I was up at my moms house and a couple of my aunts were there, (they all knew about me too) so they are talking about this question one of them seen on Facebook, the question was 'What would you do if your partner had opposite sex genitals?' they were laughing and saying how disgusting they thought it was and my mom made a comment that if her boyfriend didn't have a penis she would think he was disgusting and would leave him. Only a few weeks before this I had talked to her about how I would like to get top surgery and was thinking of going on hormones too but wasn't sure about bottom surgery and she said she would be supportive whatever I decided. I felt like she and my aunts were being such hypocrites, telling me they accept me and I shouldn't worry what people think but here they were laughing at basically a transmans body without bottom surgery. I felt like crap, I felt like the only ones who accept me were laughing at what my body could look like some day. So for me that was the worst I have experienced so far...

18. FrozenFae

Probably by my father who told me that if I was on fire he wouldn't so much as piss on me to put it out...and if he could get away with it, he would shoot me dead for bringing disgrace and shame to his family.

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

See anything on a sign by the Westboro Baptist Church...

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

That there is no such thing as a femme or beautiful lesbian and if a pretty woman likes other women it's a vice and not real love .