1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Short Story

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Simple Thoughts, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Simple Thoughts

I'm going against my better judgement here well because honestly I don't really let this particular section of my life intermingle with the rest. I never have, probably never will. Still I don't feel like going out of my way write yet a whole new short story.

So anyways please tell me what you think.

Warning: This story is about Furries xD

It was the start of the spring semester. A sheet of glorious white snow covering the campus, painting the grounds with the lingering mark of the winter soon to pass. The campus marked by three rather large buildings, with only a walkway connecting them. Students coming and going about their day. Some seeming rather in a hurry, and others casually strolling along with fellow classmates chatting idly about the events of their time away from school. To some just another day, and to others it was the start of a new chapter in life.

Into the visitor parking of the campus came a tan little Cavalier. As the passenger door swung open a new student smiled and waved goodbye to his ride, watching as that same Cavalier pulled away disappearing into a sea of other cars. The young fox immediately felt the cold bite of the air against his soft fur compelling him to pull his dark gray hoodie closer to his lithe form. The delicate orange furred vulpine was taking small breaths. His green hues watching his breath rise into the air as he quickly scurried across the visitor parking space and towards the main campus building. The young fox awkwardly avoiding the crowd of people going to and from classes as he walked.

As he made his way to the center building his eyes roamed over the clear doors leading into the building. The glass had been frozen over, and the fox felt the cold rushing into his fingertips as he reached out his hand to grip the handle. The sensation didn't bother him much, and as he pulled open the door he quickly hurried himself inside feeling the warmth of the heated building bringing a quick sense of relief.

He found from the moment he stepped inside there was a set of stairs to his right, which seemed to lead up into the higher floors of the campus, directly in front of him was the admissions office where he'd set up his classes earlier, and as he walked towards the office he saw the hall lead what seemed like infinitely in either direction. He sighed softly already certain he was going to get lost in the large building, but off-shored the thought as he pushed open the door marked 'admissions' and looked around.

His cold chills were starting to fade away as he stepped further into the office looking around. It was a modest little set up. A few chairs lined in front of a large desk to let students rest their feet while they waited for someone to get to them. Behind the row of desks was a glass wall which housed a small computer lab where a handful of students were sitting about working on various things. The young fox's attention was turned, however, to the desk and as fortune would have it no one else seemed to be waiting.

He made his way up to the desk and smiled sweetly, waiting for someone to approach. It only a took a moment as a door just behind the desk emerged a wolf. The wolf was rather handsome the fox couldn't help but ignore. The youth couldn't help but admire the wolf. The wolf's lower half was hidden by the desk, but the fox could easily make out the casual red t-shirt he had on that loosely draped over his figure. The wolf's eyes a mesmerizing yellow, that drew the boy's gaze straight in. His fur a soft shade of gray and from what the fox could tell the wolf seemed fairly young; he couldn't imagine the wolf being more than a few years older than himself.

“Can I help you” the wolf spoke, the words rolling off his tongue in a half-caring manner. His eyes tracing along the fox for only a brief moment before he plastered on a fake smile exposing his rather intimidating canines.

“Oh well umm...” the fox stammered nervously. He could feel his heart pounding into his chest. The youth had never been good with new people, he'd developed quite the social phobia, “It's just well..” he again found himself unable to formulate a clear though, his cheeks starting to burn red, as he forced his eyes to break away from the wolf to retreat towards the floor.

“Come on kid, spit it out” the wolf muttered with a sigh, “I ain't got all day, so either say something or get lost” he added with a slight hint of annoyance in his voice. It was clear that the wolf was getting rather impatient.

“I just need to know how to get to...” he started to speak before his mind went blank. Nervously he fumbled through his hoodie pocket before fishing out a folded up sheet off paper, “I need to find my English 1101 class” he explained handing over the paper to the wolf, “I'm not sure where to go” he admitted embarrassed.

“New huh?” the wolf remarked, seeming a little less annoyed now. His body language becoming more relaxed as he laid his arms on desk before resting his head on them bringing himself rather close to the fox. “Don't be so nervous kid, it won't do you any favors here” he warned as he eyed the fox over before glancing to the empty row of chairs, “Well it looks like I'm not too busy at the moment, how about I just walk you there?” he offered, his voice seeming much more inviting than before.

“Oh well you d..don't have t---” the nervous young fox started to mumble before the wolf interrupted.

“Relax, it's no trouble.” he said his fake smile still painted on, though something in his eyes felt genuine to the fox, “Got a name kid?” he asked as he stepped out from behind the desk.

“Oh well, Blake” he spoke in a soft voice. His eyes trailing down the wolf's form now that he could see all of him. He was wearing a pair of loose fitting black jeans and a pair DC Lynx. The fox found a strange appreciate in his relaxed outfit, and couldn't help but find it seemed to match his personality so well.

“Blake huh?” he mused, “That's a cute name” he commented drawing a blush back to the fox's cheeks. “I'm Mark” he offered as he began to head back out of the office, gesturing for the fox to follow.

“Well it's nice to meet you Mark” Blake spoke softly. He was starting to feel a little more relaxed, though the kind wolf had the boy's nerves going crazy. He could barely keep his thoughts together as he followed him back to the stairs.

The wolf lead the fox up the flight of stairs, and they stopped at the first door which lead into the second floor, “Alright kid, If you have an 110-anything class in this building you're looking for the second floor. Got it?” he spoke as they stepped inside. The fox quickly seeing this floor was nothing more than a series of doors and a hallway.

“Y..yeah I got it” he muttered shyly rubbing his left hand over his right arm while he followed behind the wolf. It didn't take long before they came to a door and as the fox looked to the number on the door he found it matched the paper he'd been holding onto.

“See? That wasn't too tough” the wolf offered smiling to the young fox, “Oh and Blake” the wolf spoke quickly catching the fox's attention as he turned his head to face the male, “If you need anything else, you know where to find me” he said, something in his tone suggesting there was something more to his words.

Mark disappeared rather quickly and the youthful fox gently slunk down to sit beside the door to his class. He pulled his cheap little flip phone out of his pocket and noted the time at 8:34 am. “Oh well guess I'll just sit here” he muttered to himself as his class wouldn't start until 10.