1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any LGBT youth organizations in L.A

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XTREMEZish, Feb 12, 2014.

1. XTREMEZish

So hey I'm the only person in my school who has come out as gay. There are no other out gay guys and I was wondering if there are any youth groups in the L.A area for gay kids like me. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. AKTodd

This should get you started:

LA Youth ยป Resources for LGBTQ teens

You could also reach out to the local LGBT community center:

Homepage - L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center - L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center

Youth Services - L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center - L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center

Not sure about overlap with the first link - doing this on the fly

Here's another:

https://www.facebook.com/colorsyouth

Also, doing a google on LGBT youth organizations in Los Angeles turned up over 30 million hits. These are just the first few. You could look under this search more, also do variations on the wording and see what pops up.

You might also check out Meetup.com for your area and see if they have any age appropriate LGBT groups you could check out. Game nights or the like.

Finally, if you like sports of one sort or another you might see what LGBT sports teams there are in LA. Softball, flag football, and rugby teams are often found in major urban areas. Again, don't know your age or their age requirements, but could be another way to find support or maybe they have a youth league or something. Couldn't hurt to look into it if you're interested.

Hope this helps,

Todd