1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is it over??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by African boy, Feb 12, 2014.

1. African boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So i haven't been on here in awhile but i thought who better to way in then you guys so here it goes.

i made this account awhile back not sure when when exactly but im 23 three now and iv been in a relationship with a really great guy for almost 2 years now. but it feels like it might be coming to an end. but i don't wanna jump the gun. i know some people say its when he dosent make you fell sexy any more or the date nights stop etc but that seem so shallow to me because there's more to relationship then that isn't there?. id love to hear your guys thoughts and please don't sugar coat things just be honest. any advice or help would be awesome. and yes iv tired talking making romantic dinners having a heart to hart. iv even talked to his mother to see if hes told her hes unhappy.etc

thanks guys

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Think of your relationship like an investment. You've invested a loot into this, so now you need to evaluate it and see if it has been generally positive or negative, not looking for extreme (i.e. unrealistic) progress. If things have been bad, it would probably be good to stop. If things have been good, then you need to decide if it was worth it (i.e. are you both equally "investing", or is one person the giver and the other the taker?). You could even take a short break; sometimes, that will make a former couple even closer than in the old relationship.

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When is it over? When both parties decide to stop trying. When both agree that it's time to move on. When neither is happy in the relationship anymore. It's not over until both of you give up on being together and making it work

4. African boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you guys so much you have helped me

5. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    You know, sometimes things can get a little rough. But if there is still love in the mix, then don't give up buddy. Most people give up when they don't feel loved. You just have to be patient. The best part of being with someone is falling in love with them over and over again. Good luck buddy :slight_smile: And don't give up just yet. You just keep trying :slight_smile: All couples go through rough patches

6. GayNerd

You know, you should just keep trying. I mean, if you end the relationship now, you'll spend the rest of your life wondering what would have happened.
    Keep trying, and whatever happens, at least you found out. Plus, you'll know what can cause a relationship to end if this one does.

7. African boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks nerd