1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

think about this

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sam, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Sam

Sam

I hope nobody will get offended when I say this because I don't mean it in an offensive way: What was going on in the 50's and 60's? African American people were not treated equally were they. Made to be seperated from white people and sit in the back of buses. Laws kept on failing to go into effect. Well as we all know (except for some terrible people out there) African American people, after years of struggling finally got the equality they deserved. Excuse me for what I'm going to say next it might sound bad: we are the African American people of the 21st century, meaning we are going through the same struggles for equality that they once had to go through. Maybe it will work out like in the 60's and we will finally get the equality we deserve.
    now if any of that sounds bad I'm sorry I mean it in a good way it was wrong what they had to go through then and its wrong what we have to go through now nobody should be treated unfairly because of the color of their skin or sexual orientation.

SAM

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I completely agree. Why would you be afraid to say something so true and innoncent.

As much as some black revolutionists may disagree, all fights for equality have been consistant throughout our history.

Jews, Blacks, Aboriginals, Women. Few of many.

In fact MLKJ's famous speech, is so general when it talks about equality and discrimination that many LGBT organisations use his speech use it as a spearhead to many days of action.

GLSEN has one such event.

My biggest fear is that there will be another group in the near future to be put in the limelight. Once we have been exhonorated from it.