1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many of your friends are girls ( gay guys only )

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by casper, Feb 16, 2014.

1. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have 1 guy friend and at least 10 girl-friends, so how many girl-friends do you have and how many guy friends? Because I think it is something quite common under gay guys to have more girl-friends then guy friends so I am curious how true this is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: oh and with guy friends I mean straight guy friends because well gay guy friends are more possible dating material then friends right :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of my friends are guys. Part of that is because I'm not out to many people. Part of that is because my interests are more stereotypically masculine than feminine so it's easier to find things in common with guys.

3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't have a ton of friends anymore, but I've always had way more guy friends than girls. I don't have a good explanation for that, I just seem to have more in common with other guys. I've always been really into sports which is probably a big factor.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of my friends are guys, though in high school, my best friend was a girl. That gave a lot of people the wrong impression, as my boyfriend and I were out to everyone as a couple, and I'd be hanging out with her the other half of the time, and she also had a boyfriend. That gave a lot of people the impression that the four of us were actually in open relationships and when someone asked me about that, I was like :eek:

But she and I were very emotionally close, and if I were straight, we'd probably make a power couple. She and her boyfriend (And their new child) will definitely be guests at our wedding whenever that happens.

5. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of my friends are guys, just because I go to an all guy school and my intrests really aren't that stereotipically gay.

6. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lot of friends of mine are guys too because girls just don't understand everything about us but they are more the friends you hang out with to share interests with but not to share personal stuff with, do you all have guy friends who you really talk with?!! because I just can't imagine myself talking with a straight guy about things that bother me or other personal things. That is why I said 1 guy friend and 10 girl-friends because with them I can talk about real things and not just about things I like to do.

7. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have three very close friends that I spend the majority of my time with - two are guys, the other is a girl. All three are straight.

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Most of my friends now are guys (and pretty good portion of them also trans), but have a few good female friends. Closest friend is genderqueer/fluid.

9. FrozenFae

I have a small circle of five friends I am very close with. In that group, three of them are girls. All of them are straight except one guy in the group who is bisexual.

10. Moogie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I have pretty much the same amount of the close friends of both genders.

11. timo

MY group of friends is... 50% guys, 50% girls. All straight except one of the girls.

Yep, my two closest friends are both straight guys. I mostly talk to one of them about personal stuff though. The other day we had a lengthy conversation about me and the guy I'm sorta dating... and he had some good advice. Straight guys can be better at stuff like that than you might imagine :lol:

12. AlamoCity

I have maybe a couple of female friends. The rest are males. All of my friends are straight.

13. Sarcastic Luck

Two. I'm acquaintances with a others, but I wouldn't call them friends. I have more male friends than anything.

14. vyvance

1 female friend, and a few female acquaintances. The vast majority of my friends are straight guys.

15. C P

C P

Wow, I kind of expected to hear about having more guy friends, but I didn't expect it be this much of a landslide.

Add me to the list of having more girl friends than guys :slight_smile:, probably a 2/3 to 1/3. Even though I'd consider my interests to line up more with guys, I've always had an easier time befriending, connecting, etc. with girls. There was always more of an...uneasiness around guys(although I have a reason to be now with some :icon_wink ), especially in groups. One or two I can handle but anymore and, unless there's also a girl in the group, I start to feel out of place, haha.

16. Gort

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, count one more surprised at the results. With the odd exception, I have had more close girl friends than guy friends since probably around the time I was 12, likewise because I've had an easier time making friends with them, not because I had particularly girly interests. In hindsight, this makes a lot of sense.

17. KazTastic

Most of my friends are women. I don't seem to connect with men that well for some reason... Though strangely enough, most of the women I get along with are queer, tomboys, or have some masculine traits.

Then again, I don't think one's sexuality or masculinity/femininity defines the gender of their friends - my straight female friend gets along much better with men than with other women - and she has mostly feminine traits.

18. Gen

Gen

50/50

Though all on both sides are not straight. I don't see why gay male friends would be naturally more towards 'dating material', when I would still have platonic relationships with women if I were straight.

19. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Friends?
    What are these you speak of??

But in all seriousness, most of my friends are guys and slightly less of the number of guys are girls so :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

All of my friends are straight males.