1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else friendless?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pane123, Feb 19, 2014.

1. pane123

pane123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    At the current moment, I have no friends in the world, anyone else in the same situation?

2. apostrophied

No, but I have in the past. Still now, I have friends, but not BFFFFFF type of friends... =/

3. 7eye

7eye Guest

Yep, but not because I have doubts about my sexuality; I'm quite socially awkward (or people just avoid me for some reason, even though I try to not give them a reason to hate me, minus my impulses), and the closest friends I have are my family.

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

You're not alone. I don't have friends, too. Only on internet.

5. Simple Thoughts

I've been there. It was own fault though, I shut myself away from other people for awhile.

Now a days I have two or three good friends ^.^

6. 7eye

7eye Guest

For the sake of anonymity, I kinda try to not talk too much to other people especially online, although I talk only quite regularly to a few on one other site.

---------- Post added 19th Feb 2014 at 05:03 PM ----------

Teach me your ways.

7. Simple Thoughts

Oh it's not too hard. You've just got to break your own comfort zone and talk to people. It's the craziest thing, but when you start communicating with other human beings a few of them wind up liking your personality :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. FrozenFae

Not really. I have people I talk to and am FRIENDLY with, but most of my good friends moved out of state, drifted apart from me or fell out of contact. It can be terribly lonely at times...

9. Simple Thoughts

I see. That's unfortunate :frowning2:

Friends moving away always sucks, but hey you'll make new friends with time ^.^

10. Nikky DoUrden

do online friends count :grin:

11. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't have any close friends, I moved to the town I'm in now when I was 15 and never really settled in. I started shutting myself off from friends as a teen when I was coming to terms with the fact I was trans I felt there was no point in staying in contact with people who don't really know me and are only friends with who they think I am. I'm socially awkward too so i come across as antisocial but I'm actually the opposite. I'd love to have a big group of friends to go out at the weekend with or just to talk to, I'm terrible at approaching people or trying to start or hold a conversation:frowning2:

12. Simple Thoughts

Oh I'm sorry to hear that :frowning2:

That must be tough. I know how it feels to be terrible at social situations though. I'm still just as bad as ever. It doesn't help being stuck up in my house all day unable to really travel. Luckily I have a small handful of friends that drop by sometimes so it's not always so dull, but meh. I'll get around to getting things in motion at some point.

13. blond

I have a couple but we don't really hang out or anything. Which is my fault mostly because i'm kind of introverted.

14. 7eye

7eye Guest

I've tried doing that, but I guess my classmates for instance are way too content in their own circles... It also doesn't help that I'll more often than not weird them out, because all I do with my life is spend time on the Internet looking up random things.

15. Shamash

Yes. I go to an online school and have no extracurriculars. This is the recipe to friendlessness.

16. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

I go to a school with less than 40 people, so I sort of know what you mean. :slight_smile:

17. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a couple of people online now, after about 17 years, but I still consider myself friendless. I'm just a loner, it's who I am. Sometimes I like company though. :slight_smile:
    But committing to a friendship would probably just not be my thing. I like my alone time and doing what I want. No pressure.

My two Twitter "friends" are awesome, as before that I just never had any and never had the chance. But.. it's just not my thing right now. I'm a solo-er.

Oh and as for real life, well, never had anything.

18. beloved

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a best friend who I talk to once maybe every two or so weeks? Other than that, the only "friends" I have are all online. After I moved from my hometown and then moved out of state due to getting married, I basically lost all of my friends. Now I have two kids and it just seems even harder to make friends around my age. So, yeah.

19. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My biggest worry is that I'll have no one to be the best man at my wedding. I have friends, but no real close ones. :/

20. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, but I'm pretty close. Most of my friends are people who live elsewhere. The one local friend and I seem to have drifted apart, and I suspect the relationship will only get worse--if not end--when I come out.

Efforts to build my social network have, so far, had no real success. More acquaintances, but no new friends. One of these days...