1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many of you are satisfied with your long distance relationships?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by volleyball girl, Feb 19, 2014.

?

Long distance relationship satisfaction

1. Extremely satisfied

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Somewhat satisfied

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Neutral

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. Somewhat unsatisfied

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  5. Extremely unsatisfied

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys!

How many of you are in long distance relationships and how satisfied are you with them? If you're not in a long distance relationship, then what are your thoughts on them? :slight_smile: I am happy with my relationship. However, it can be a bit frustrating at times lol.

I could see how somewhat satisfied might be a big jump from extremely satisfied. So for this poll, Somewhat satisfied is a good thing. Just some minor issues (mainly the whole distance thing lol)

#1 volleyball girl, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  2. nurse2B

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys, welcome to my gf and I's long distance relationship poll. We wanted to get an idea of couples who are in long distance relationships and kinda rate how satisfied or dissatisfied you are. Thank you for taking the time to take the poll and sharing your stories and experiences. :slight_smile::icon_wink

3. birdnerdjoel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My fiance and I are long-distance. We live a two hour drive away from each other. I will admit it sucks a lot when I don't get to see him for a few days, and my field work will result in a month of not seeing him. I love him so much that the distance didn't matter. However, it definitely would be harder if we were more distant.

4. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Aww congratulations on your engagement :slight_smile: Yea I definitely hear you there. It must be rough not being able to see him for a while. But love conquers all :slight_smile: I only get to see my gf 2-3 times a year. It sucks sometimes but we definitely have a lot of patience and love for each other. The wait will be worth it when I can finally have her in my arms for good :slight_smile:

5. nurse2B

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations!! ^_^ Yeah as what my gf just reiterated, we both have lots of patience and respect for each other, which I love about our relationship. I wish you all the best with you and your fiance. Distance surely does make the love grow fonder xoxoxo(*hug*)

6. AmiBee

My wife and I had a long distance relationship our first year after college. I lived in NYC and she was in Boston. I rode the bus 4 hours each way to visit her almost every weekend (she had health problems at the time so it was easier for me to travel). Hated the time apart so got a job in Boston after 10 months long distance.

7. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's really sweet of you :slight_smile: I'm glad that she doesn't have any health issues now. Thank you so much for sharing your loving story with us :slight_smile:

8. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im okay with mine but i wish he was 2 hrs away not 8 or 7 hrs :frowning2:

9. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ohh wow. That's a lot of hours :frowning2: I'm sorry. But it wont be forever :slight_smile: That's what keeps me and my gf going for sure. We will soon find a way to live together hehe

10. nurse2B

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I look forward to it each day :kiss:(*hug*)

11. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    u guys are soo cute ! do both of u get hit on by other women and is there temptation when both of u are around women?

12. Aquaman

Aquaman Guest

Volleyballgirl and Nurse2B,

Could you elaborate a bit on how communication works between the two of you? Long Distance Relationships are something I would have never considered in the past, but recently, for whatever reason, wherever I turn, I keep coming across things or people making reference to them. I ask specifically about communication, because I am sure that in a LDR this has to be like the most important thing. Thanks!

13. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't get hit on lol. Im not exaclty really outgoing or anything. I can't speak for my gf but I'm sure she must get hit on a lot because she is just so beautiful inside and out hehe. And I definitely don't get tempted. I see some pretty girls every once in a while but then I just think "meh, my girl is amazing" :icon_redf

14. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    then ur safe from creepers lol

15. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Absolutely. Communication is definitely important. However, I think that what is also important is that we have patience and respect for each other. A lot of people ask "what about sex?" But what about it? True, it's important for all relationships. But it does not define a good relationship. We care about each other and we love each other deeply. We can definitely wait a while before we can live together. It's not easy, because obviously it can be a bit frustrating at times when we cannot be together. But we talk about our issues and problems we might have. We are very open about it. I used to think that LDRs weren't a good idea. But I am so glad that I met her (online). She was literally meant for me. I would never let her go. Especially not because of distance hehe

---------- Post added 19th Feb 2014 at 10:35 PM ----------

Lol yep. I sure am. I am also oblivious sometimes, so if someone were to hit on me, I probably wouldn't even know it haha

16. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    u never did long distance till now? oh my god im obvlious 2 lol

17. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    lol yea. The thing is, we weren't really looking for a relationship when we met. It was just random. Perfect timing i suppose. And we became good friends and fell in love with each other the more we got to know each other.

18. nurse2B

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Awwww cutie :kiss: I am the exact same. At times I would get random hit on's and the funny ones are when it comes from my patients lol I just politely walk away from the situation. With regards to temptation....how can I, my gf is so amazing and perfect for me (*hug*)

19. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I see them as being good for some but bad for outers . me and my ex were in a ldr but we just werent meant to be . but i'd be in another if I loved a person in another place

20. volleyball girl

Out Status:
    A few people
    Awww babe :icon_redf I feel the exact same way :kiss: love u (*hug*)

---------- Post added 19th Feb 2014 at 10:49 PM ----------

I absolutely agree. That's a great point. thanks for bringing it up :slight_smile: LDRs are not for everyone. I would say its more for people who are patient and care more about the person than just sex. It can be difficult at times and definitely requires a lot of nurturing, understanding and patience.