1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dilemma: Take promotion or pass up the opportunity?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PhoenixisRising, Feb 20, 2014.

1. PhoenixisRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I work as a pet groomer, Im doing so well in my position that the owners want to promote me to there bigger office in another city. the only issue, the bus dont exactly go to that location, and clearly, i have no other means of transportation. I really love my job and keeping the owners happy. This opportunity will also open many doors for me as well. I want to tell them yes, i'll take it, but i'll struggle just getting there. wish i had not only a car but people i could count on lol. What should I do?:bang:

2. Simple Thoughts

That's tough. Transportation can be kinda of beach sometimes.

I'd look into other means of transportation locally. See if maybe there are other bus services, or maybe some other such way to get around the city. It'd be a shame to lose a dream job because of your ability to get around town :frowning2:

If you can't find anything maybe you can talk to your boss and they could help you figure something out?

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed with above - definitely look at all of your options and try to make one allowing you to take the job.
    Like you said, this will open up doors for you. Think about the future. :thumbsup:

Definitely communicate with your boss/owners about the issue. See if they have any advice. They want YOU there, so be good about communication.

TAKE IT! :grin: Good luck!!

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Speak to your employers about it. It's best to be honest; you might be passing up an opportunity that's easily achievable if you ask for a bit of help.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would speak to the owners about your transportation issues. They may be able to help you out in some way.