1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody here spiritual, or feeling spiritual?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nurse2B, Feb 21, 2014.

1. nurse2B

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys, just wanted to get an idea of anyone in this forum that is open to spirituality or any aspect of spirituality. I'm still kinda new to it myself with the whole new age thing but It really intrigues me, the concept of it. I've read quite a bit of books on the will power of people and the ability to heal through energy. I'm still new to the whole reiki thing, but I have found that meditation has drastically helped me with being grounded and more aware of my thoughts and emotions. I'm also started a facination for cystals and stones. If you are at all interested in these topics, curious, or whatever it may be with the concept of spiritually, please free to share your experiences, thoughts, ideas, or any advice. I always love meeting other like minded individuals.

2. Simple Thoughts

I'm not really spiritual myself...

Still I'm down for meditation. I hear that it was tangible and positive effects. It certainly seems relaxing to say the least, and I think it creates a more positive attitude in people. I'm willing to bet it reduces stress as well

I'm always interested in new concepts and ideas myself, but I don't know much about the spiritual realm of things...beyond Japanese anime interpretations of spirit worlds xD

3. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    idk if praying is an option but that keeps me relaxed and a hot shower and sleeping

4. chivalrous

the only form of spirituality that i believe in beyond meditation, is the concept of aura's :slight_smile:

5. FrozenFae

Meditation and contemplation have been shown to alleviate stress levels and promote well being regarding one's health. However, I tend to leave the "woo woo" aspects out of it when I practice.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I worship Mara.

7. EatYourRikkios

*raises hand* I'm Pagan, and focusing more on the spiritual side of things as time goes by. Meditation in particular has helped me out a lot. Guided ones work better for me - I have trouble not running off on internal monologue tangent otherwise. :lol: One thing I've noticed since starting: when I don't meditate for long periods of time, I tend to feel more... erratic, and less aware, both of myself and my surroundings. *shrugs* Make of it what you will.

@OP - what books have you read?

8. Simple Thoughts

Haha you and your auras :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. nurse2B

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In my experience with meditation it has definitely helped me cope with my anger issues and depression. I am able to handle stress better and conflict situations. I produce in myself a positive feeling which then brings upon positive situations and people around me.

I'm still also quite new to it. But I have always had an interest for it and spiritual feeling as a young child.

---------- Post added 21st Feb 2014 at 10:08 PM ----------

Absolutely praying is part of it. My gf and I pray all the time together and it both helps us with our day today. I hear ya girl shower and sleeping definitely adds to it too hehehe How was your day today?

10. Simple Thoughts

I've tried to mediate before, but there is too many distractions around my house. *sighs* Seriously you should hear my cousin and grandma going at it sometimes. They yell at each other all the time. Then when they aren't making all kinds of noise the cats are knocking stuff over and causing trouble 0.o

I don't believe in the spiritual stuff, I just find the concepts interesting. I'm a writer and I think spiritual ideas are awesome for story telling ^^

11. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    IT WAS GOOD , how was ur day what`d u do? did u like the movie site i suggested?

12. nurse2B

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe and also open to the concept of aura's. Tell me what are your views on aura's? Can you see your own aura and others? If so was it something you just always had or something you developed. I believed we all have the potential to see aura's we just have to be open to it.

13. Simple Thoughts

You've peaked my interest. How would one go about seeing Auras?

Do they make glasses for it? lol j/k

14. nurse2B

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know exactly how you feel. I havent been consistent lately with my meditiating and it has definitely made me more moody and down. It doesnt help that im on a certain medication right now that is making my mood up and down. But I'm going back on it again slowly, and it sure is making its magic.

I enjoy many books by Sylvia Brown, Iyanla Vanzant, Gary Zukav....

---------- Post added 21st Feb 2014 at 10:14 PM ----------

Interesting, can you tell me more about Mara?

---------- Post added 21st Feb 2014 at 10:17 PM ----------

Lol I hear ya, I come from a very loud and routy family, my gf on the other hand isnt so she always wonders how I can function lol. I guess thats where I got a lot of my anger issues from since I grew up around such angry parents lol. But I defintely learned to deal with it over the years thank goodness.

It sure is an interesting concept. That's awesome your a writer. What sort of stories do you write about?

---------- Post added 21st Feb 2014 at 10:18 PM ----------

My day was good. I went to work, then I met with a friend that my gf and I met through here so it was intersting :slight_smile: I was able to accomplish the post I was procrastinating for school lol. No I havent checked it yet but i sure will :slight_smile: thanks again

---------- Post added 21st Feb 2014 at 10:21 PM ----------

lol well like I said it is something that is I guess developed. My best friend can see auras, a lot of my friends at my meditation group I attend can see auras. I on the other hand see nothing lol. Im more of I can totally sense your emotion and non-verbal cues kinda girl lol

15. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol im thinking of going to nursing bc 6 yrs of schooling trying to be a physical therapist sounds exhausting nd continuing the education seems so tiresome.

16. Simple Thoughts

Yeah it's kind of hard to concentrate sometimes when you have to deal with loud people a lot. No worries though I'm very much used to it at this point. I think I'd probably lose my mind if it started being quiet all the time lol

I actually have one story in my blog, but it's a furry story. I haven't had the boldness to venture into other story types yet xD

Oh bummer, I was hoping it was something you could learn. Then I'd know for sure if it was real or not because I'd either see them or not lol

17. EatYourRikkios

I'm not such a big Sylvia Brown fan - ironic, considering she's probably the first New Age-type author I read, but there you go. I prefer Scott Cunningham, Sirona Knight, Starhawk, Janet and Stewart Farrar... I'm finding as I get older,though, that I'm reading fewer books and working things out on my own more. It's nice - I feel more attuned to my own path. :slight_smile:

18. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my bf can see auras lol

19. nurse2B

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's awesome, I wish I could.

---------- Post added 21st Feb 2014 at 11:29 PM ----------

I feel the same way. There was a point where I was so indulged in all the books. As the years go on I find that my answers just kinda pop up for me. I'm so glad im venturing into my spiritual path and more in tune with myself too.

---------- Post added 21st Feb 2014 at 11:31 PM ----------

Oh I should check out your stories then hehehe.

20. Simple Thoughts

Feel free it's in my blog. If you wind up liking part 1 though let me know because Pt.2 is actually pt.3 I'll have to send you the real pt.2 xD