1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Place to Sing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Candace, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Candace

Over time, I have practiced a LOT (for hours and hours and hours), and I feel that I have a pretty good singing voice (although it could be better). Anyway, I need a place to practice, but my roommate is ALWAYS here and I never have any quiet time nor any space to myself. It literally drives me crazy! I love singing, but I hate that I have no private space for myself to just practice whenever I wanted without bothering anyone else.

What do you guys suggest?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Belt it out while you're walking around town...that's what I do sometimes! :grin:

3. Candace

That sounds like a good idea!

I like the song "Let it Go" from the movie Frozen, and I want to do a multilanguage cover of it. Unfortunately, it's a song which requires a lot of energy and noise. Not a good idea to sing it with your roommate in the dorm haha. :grin:

4. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The only place I'll ever sing is in the car when I'm alone. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This. Or the shower. I'll damn sure kick a dope rhyme in my car and possibly sing love songs in the shower.

6. EatYourRikkios

@OP - I know exactly how you feel. Singing is the thing that makes me happiest in the world, but when I'm practicing, I just don't want to bother people, or I want to keep it private for a while, work on it. Singing in the car's a really good suggestion, even if you aren't out driving. You could also find karaoke nights in your area, or even the local YMCA; I've found that if you go when there's a lull, you're almost sure to find an empty room to sing in, be it the bike room, a zumba or yoga classroom, whatever.

*hugs* Good luck!