1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just told my ex-girlfriend I am gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by casper, Feb 22, 2014.

1. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I just told my ex-girlfriend (who is still my best friend ) that her ex-boyfriend is gay hahaha she took it quite well because she always had this feeling that I understood her too well for a straight guy and because I wanted to watch some pretty girly / gay series with her hahaha but my question to you is: hoe did your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend react when you told them you are gay ?

2. Joelouis

I never told my ex-gf I was bisexual but I think she sort of guessed I was interested in both as I got on really well with one of her gay male friends.

3. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both of my ex boyfriends took it quite well. One of them sort of knew something was going on since he tried to kiss me and I wasn't interested and the other was happy for me.

4. setnyx

we both came out to each other, in bed,we were trying to work it out, (being engaged but no sex) and we both kinda said " i can't do this i'm attracted to the same sex* it was hilarious.

5. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well at first she was Kinda shocked but we have talked about boys for 2 hours so I think she is okay with it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: hahaha I also think that because she said this is so much fun like 30 times hahahaha

6. timo

i've never experienced this but I love how your first post has some Dutch parts in it.

7. Destiel

I have three exs and none of them know I swing for all teams, but I bet they'd be surprised and one of them I'm still friends with would be totally cool with it and make 'sexy gxg' references knowing him :lol:

8. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I told my ex-gf I was bi (which I thought I was for awhile) while we were dating, and for awhile she was the only person who knew. What she told me was, "I have no problem that you're bi. I have a problem with how much you hate yourself that you're bi." Although once I came out to her she had a feeling I was far more gay than bi, and, well, she was right. She's still one of my best friends and closest confidantes, especially during my coming-out process.

9. XTREMEZish

My ex-girlfriend was like "Oh, well you don't say. No straight guy can be that nice"

10. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hahaha yeah my mobile auto corrects everything, I guess I forgot to correct some of the corrections

11. Waffles

My first ex-gf doesn't know yet (she is thoroughly convinced I am gonna have the best wife come our high school reunion. But I know she'd be chill cuz she's very pro-LGBT+ rights n' stuff~)
    My second ex-gf knows because we broke up after I came out. She said she kinda knew from the get-go and she said she was bi (with a slight preference for women) so everything there worked out fine. XD

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One of them knows, and is totally fine with it; the other, we're not on speaking terms any longer, but I've considered the possibility of it reaching her through the grapevine, and that's also okay... any future partner will should also know from the get-go.

13. GemmaK

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    One ex, who I went out with when I was 15 took it alright, I guess. I had told him I was bi when we dated, if only because I was still very uncomfortable/not accepting of myself being gay. He was fine with me being bi, but I felt really bad about lying to him and I felt horrible about basically using him to try to 'straighten' myself out. :/ A month or two after I ended it, we started speaking again and I apologised for everything and told him I'm a lesbian and he took it great. He thanked me for being honest and we don't really speak anymore, but I'm grateful for him not hating me for what I did.
    My other ex, a guy I was with for maybe a few weeks at most when I was 14 is still a pretty good friend. I didn't come out to him until about a week ago and that went really well. He was very surprised and asked loads of questions, but he's pretty excited about it. :') He also admitted to me that he's bi, something which I didn't know, but I had suspected.
    All in all, out of the grand total of 2 exes I've ever had, both took it wonderfully (not a euphemism). :slight_smile:

14. Redd

Out Status:
    Some people
    I told my ex I was bi when we were dating, and he was ok with it, but then we ended up breaking up 5 months later because I realized that I was only trying to convince myself I could be happy with a guy so I'd never have to come out to my family. The only thing he said was "we're done. You have to promise me that you'll tell your parents because it isn't fair for them not to know," and then he hung up and we haven't talked since then. He actually runs away if I get anywhere near him, which really sucks because he's a really great guy and I miss him as a friend :frowning2: