1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do you love EC??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Leigh, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Leigh

Leigh Guest

I love ec because...

when im feeling a bit crap i can just come on ec and talk about my problems, and i know that i can count on the support of other people. no matter what the problem, there is always somebody who can relate, or share their own experiences and give me advice

its the only place i know that you can come were everybody seems to truly care about other people, without the bitchiness you find everywhere else, and people just want to help other people and spread the love :slight_smile:

when i hear things that just make me want to scream, and im wondering how people manage to have so much hate, ec reminds me that there are other good people out there with the same ideals as me, and there is a hell of a lot of good in the world, that makes the bad stuff bearable - and that there is always progress :slight_smile:

for the way that it doesnt matter who or what you are... youre still welcome on ec, and being different is just fine

that when i read the stories of other people who are so much worse off than me, it reminds me how fortunate i am, and not to take anything for granted

when people share the really hard stories, and it makes me feel that i can make a difference to other people, and help them out aswell

and the the light-hearted stuff, for the way it makes me smile

why do you love ec??

2. i love EC....

Because it's just generally god damn awesome :grin:

Hence the reason why i have only been here like 9 days or something and made nearly 200 posts lol.

And what is very nice and really refreshing, is the lack of bitchy people. I mean, on all of the other LGBT forums or young people's forums that i've ever visited, it's just full of constant bitchiness, which gets exhausting after a while lol. And not everything on the forums is sex related like it is everywhere else.

And when i joined, i felt very welcome immediately =]

big up EC, big up indeed. :grin:

3. pirateninja

I love EC because:

I can share a problem, rant, go completely crazy aboot the real world and know that there will be at least one person on here who knows exactly the right thing to say to make me feel myself again.

I feel useful, even if it's just telling someone that I'm here for them, or that I understand what they're going through (or sometimes not, but I still offer the shoulder to cry on). I can pass on advice, do my darndest to make someone feel even just one iota better when they are feeling down.

It's a place that makes me laugh. On every thread there has to be some mad post that has me dying with laughter. Laughter is definitely one of life's greatest gifts, and EC just keeps on giving, whether it's Martin's pom pom dance or Phil's walrusy anecdotes or James' shock at what mooncups actually are.

I have made friends here, even had a (sort of) wife here. At the beginning I wanted to use this purely as a site just to come for help, but it feels more like a community of friends than anything and I have grown to become very attached to many of the members here, and admittedly I would feel wierd if suddenly the internet just stopped and I couldn't contact some of the people on here.

I doubt there is a forum that has such active moderators. The mods here are always checking, making sure that the members are happy, that any hint of an argument or insult is stopped before it goes too far. There are not many forums that have this level of support from the people that run it.

4. shakerdancee

I like EC because there's a bunch of homos here.

5. Jebs

That about nails it.

I love being heard.

6. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Okay - all of the above and I just wanted to say it also reminds me there are actually amazing, open-minded straight people out there.. leigh - people like you are truely amazing and I wish there were more of you out there - or maybe I just haven't found them yet??!! So thanks :slight_smile:

7. Malchik89

Seems like such a silly question lol how could i not love EC

Its just somewhere where i can go when i have have no one else. If im having a really bad day, its like the light at the end of my tunnel, with a bunch of amazing people to just chill with who are in the same place as you and know where you're coming from.

Hence why, I Love EC! ^^

8. EM68

I Love EC so much!!:thumbsup:

Until I found this site I felt so alone and did not know where to go to help sort out my feelings regarding my sexuality.Finding this site has been so great! Everyone has been wonderful and I know I am not alone. Over the past few weeks I have finally came to terms with the fact I am gay. I am alright with this. Right now I am the happiest I have been in a long time.

9. Ben

Ben

I know I've only got a few posts so far, but everyone has made me feel very welcome and not treated me like I'm invisible :slight_smile:
    The atmosphere here seems very supportive and positive.

10. MeskElil

I love EC because it helped me accept who I really am.

It's a place where everyone makes me feel welcome, and a place where I can share my feelings and my support and it just makes me feel better.

There's alway someone here when I need to just talk.

I love to make people laugh...and it seems that EC is the only place where I can do that.

I love laughing...and this seems to be the only place that can make me laugh.

I love being able to just be me. I've never felt so welcome or so...happy. And I can focus on school work now because I have an outlet for my "alternate mind".

I absolutely love it here. I don't know what I would do without it.

11. jazzrawr

I love it here for so many reasons.

I've met so many amazing, amazing people here, people that i'll never forget and will hopefully meet someday.

EC helped me accept who I really am, and helped me be proud of it.

EC is always there, for everything! Health problems, life problems, friend problems, parent problems...there's always someone there to comfort you, and help you out.

And it's the one place I can go to and feel completely loved and accepted and understood.

So...I love you guys. So much. <3
    I don't know what I'd do without you.

12. davo-man

Well, I made a poster to show why I love EC...Bear in mind that it was about 1:30 in the morning when I made it, so my photoshopping is not the best and I have probably missed things out. Hope you like :grin:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. MeskElil

Cool! I like the EC Times! Very nice looking and very well put together. Nice job!

14. Hoppip

Hahaha. YES.

I love EC because I can talk a lot and no one cares. And I can talk about my feeeelings. And I can talk to people who are like me, who are normal. I can show people who I really am without their preconceived notions destroying my chances.

15. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are so many lovely people here. I can share things with you guys that I can't share with anyone else because I know you guys aren't going to judge me. I can come here for a laugh, a discussion, comfort, a confidence boost. Seriously, I love you all.

16. Sam

Sam

Wow do you have all day to read my reply? No? ok I'll try to make it short.

I love EC because it is such a supportive place. I know I can rant and rave and there are people who can relate to what I'm saying and can give me advice. I love that I can help other people get through their problems. I like being able to talk to other people who have the same thing in common, being gay.

When I found EC I felt like I was alone, I hated myself for being gay and I was afraid to tell people. I was suicidal and I didn't feel like there was any hope for me. I found this site from another site who had a link to EC and I joined and the rest is history! I honestly don't think I would be where I am today without EC, I might've even been dead. I love the people here sometimes when I'm having a bad day I'll come here and somebody says something that makes me laugh so hard tears are coming out and it just makes my day better.

I think this site is so helpful. I love it there just isn't much I can say because I'd feel up a whole page.

17. Beebo

This Post is influeced by the talk Janvier (JSG) and I had the day that he left EC, it is very relevant. (no quotes)

I think EC is the biggest blessing in my life.

But, even though it feels good to wrap EC in a candy coated shell of bubblegum kisses and compliments, and yes... I love the crap out of EC, nothing will change that... these new updates that are going to be happening really have me bummed out and the things that I love the most about this site are changing. (Please read the whole post)

This site is a support resource for GLBT youth, built on a foundation of loving friends and a caring community. But Newbies will be almost completely discommunicated from everyone else on the site, except for the forums when the new changes take effect.

When I first came here, I was drawn in by the chat room idea, and through that, I made lots of friends. If I liked someone's post, I'd pm them and tell them instead of posting it in the middle of a thread. I'd read peoples' blogs and I would laugh, and comment on how awesome it was, and so many times, if I was interested in befriending someone, I would check out their profile, and see if we had things in common...

Now, 3 or 4 months later, I've really made lasting friendships by communicating with members of this site via PMs and I've probably met some of the most awesome and supportive people I'll ever meet (you know who you are). I've had crushes on people, I've been in fights, and I have fought for what I believed in (even if it caused some ruckus with the mods [sorry for your troubles]), and I have felt wanted. I'll never forget all the support I had from you guys when I got kicked out... I mean... It might have seemed like it didn't bother me, but I definitely bawled my eyes out when I had nowhere to go in the middle of a huge thrunderstorm. I still think about that night, and I'll always be thankful for the things you all said.

Through all this time, I have realised something. This is a family. We look out for eachother. Even if we fight and even if we have dissagreements. We look out eachother because for some of us, the people on this site are the closest thing to family and friends that we have.

When the changes take effect, it will be way harder for the new people to immerse themselves into this community, and my fear is that people won't find what they need here because of that, and they'll leave (there are complaints all the time about how so many people have trouble becoming part of this community in the anonymous section as it is); Among those people who might be turned off (before we can make a difference in their lives) will be people like me, who helplessly watched as their religion threw them out, as their families called them wicked, and they had nowhere to turn; there will be young teens contemplating suicide because they feel alone and are in need of a close friend; there will be people who have been kicked out of their houses; there will be people who think that it is better to live a lie than come out. It kills me to think of how hard-pressed I would have been had I not found a friend here. And because I found that friend, I stuck around, and I found a family.

We are a handful of individuals who, outside of this site, at one point or another, have felt like outcasts and deviants and freaks, but within this tiny, close-nit community, we are stronger than we could ever hope to be on our own. When the changes take place, please, take the time to read new people's posts, and comment on them. Introduce yourselves and make them feel welcomed. Let them know that you are there for them through their struggles.

It's when we walk through hell as friends that we become a family.

Thanks again for everything EC. I Effin' love you guys.

#17 Beebo, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  18. darkestknight

This place is awesome! It's supportive! :grin:

...and everyone is welcome there! :grin:

19. Tom

Tom Guest

i love EC because of the freedom i have here, i can be myself and know that no one will judge (well you might but i have never seen it expressed in any serious form) the chatroom, I LOVE IT! i know almost everyone that goes in there and i get on well with them all too ^^

the mods here are all great (with one exception and he knows who he is! =p) theres only ever been one incident in which i thought its best to inform a mod about and i did, within a few minutes i was speaking to a mod and a few minutes later action was taken and i dont think i have seen this on any other site ^^

i mainly love EC because of the ppl that are on it though, there are very few members that i do not like. but geenrally i love each and every one of you, those ive known for longer or seem to get along with well have their own pet names even ^^even some of the newer members that, once they have settled in, feel like they have been here forever. if ever i have neded help or advice there are always numerous people that will literally chuck advice or help at me and for this i love EC and th people on it^^

20. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Umm....not quite sure I "love it", but it's nice to have a place where I'm not afraid to reveal my sexuality. I can actually talk about it here, and no one will act afraid of me or turn me away or avoid me.