1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm losing all hope for this site

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Master Hade, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

Ok I am a noob so sorry, but I get on and am uber hopeful and can't wait for some good threads and topics. And its all kinda dull kinda boring.. Its a forum based site so no other features to ocupy my time... plus i find this site has very little traffic so not many new posts often... of course I am used to a site with tons of members so It goes by faster. Anyway I know I will get yelled at but Im bored!

2. TyraBanksIsFierce

3. MeskElil

Well, the idea of this site is not to entertain, but to create a supportive community for LGBT people who need it. The "Chit-Chat" and "Fun and Games" sections are simply to make this site just a little less serious and little more welcoming. But the fact is that there are those forums and you can post in them if you like.
    Also, not many people have heard of this site, and not many people are LGBT or open-minded like Leigh or Louise. It's hard, but the truth is that not many people are LGBT and not many people accept us. That's why there is so little traffic.
    And as I said, this is for support, not for entertainment.
    I'm sorry that there's so little traffic, but that's really just a fact of the site.
    The point is that we're all here for one another.

4. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

Yay!!! no flaming cool!!
    I realize its resources and a safe place to chat but what is it when no one is chatting!!!
    Oh and thanks for posting you proved me wrong im uber happy!@!

5. Tom

Tom Guest

if you want chat join the chatroom, i saw u did erlier but left b4 i cud say hi. i know you probably wont be able to access it after the changes for a while, but when u can its definetly wrth popping in for afew mins, or longer =]

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well you know I always have told MY kids that if you are bored you have no one to blame but yourself. :grin: So post some good threads and topics and we'll be happy to respond!

7. Jebs

I was going to say exactly what Becky said. So... :dry:

8. GuitarGirl1350

It used to be alot more stimulating here, I'm sorry you never saw what EC was. We got an influx of people and it turned into something....not EC. I feel like I lost it and that's why I stopped coming here all day every day.

I'm sorry. It's how I feel.

9. MeskElil

I feel really bad now that I read your post, GuitarGirl. What was it like before?

10. Nitro

I think part of the problem is the time of year that you have joined. Many of the regular contributors are away on break during the summer (or in my case working full time plus). So until such time as a large segment returns I would suggest you take initiative and be the change you would like to see on the site. Hope that helps :thumbsup: .

11. Malchik89

Ok seriously, we are not your clowns, we are not here to amuse and entertain you. If you want interesting threads, make them yourself, you will more than likely spark responses! So seriously, if you dont like the site then go away, but dont whine about it, not cool.

12. Defender

Defender Guest

It is most likely due to the new changes, I don't bother posting much anymore.

13. shakerdancee

...and you thought gay people were exciting. Ha!

14. Sam

Sam

It's a place to find support and comfort in your life when you are struggling with issues dealing with being gay and other stuff as well and to talk to people with similar problems and also to give advice and support to those who need it. Yes there are various threads such as in the fun and games section but thats it why not try posting on the chit chat section. I think its nice what we have hear I'm sorry you find it boring but jump on in and post some threads and see what you get. If your not happy with this site then I'm sorry but there isn't much we can do besides what we are doing which is ok with me. Stay around you might be surprised.

15. revolutionrock

Well, for me, it's kind of a good balance between quality and quantity. There's not a lot of new stuff all the time, but when there is it's usually pretty stimulating.

And I really like it! I think I'd get overwhelmed if there were a million new things to read each day... it would be like Myspace or something. And that's when I shut my computer.

I sometimes like to go back and read old posts. It's fun!

As far as LGBT stuff goes, I also read The Advocate (www.advocate.com) daily, along with Towleroad and OMG Blog, the latter being on the lighter end of the news spectrum. I also like BreakTheIllusion.com. Not so LGBT, but occasionally. Plus David is a hoot.

But yeah, I agree with those who said EC is what you make it.

16. Kimi

Yeah, David is hot:slight_smile: And always naked:grin:

17. sexyalex

Totally agree mom.

Not that i blame him thought...he is kinda right. I realised it myself but i just didn't want to say anything and risk being Bannded. I guess i have a way with words. But now that he said it. I actualy think EC is getting a bit boring.

Most of the "today's posts" threads are old, and when it's not old it's a rant about something totally proposturous and when it's not that, it's EC cliques gathering making threads about themselves(and sometimes i ahve to wonder how can people be so conceited:eusa_eh:slight_smile:

Having random fun threads are ok but i realise it's been spammed all across the board and especially rookies or people outside....have no idea wtf is going on. I actually enjoy threads on wellness and entertainment, or some people may post to introduce themselves or about comming out stories and social and phsyical problems; but for the latter part of it. It kinda makes me want to sit and pick my nose.:dry:

ok....not that drastic:lol:

#17 sexyalex, Jul 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  18. revolutionrock

that too. :icon_wink

19. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Plus...well it's summer...alot of people are on vacation or busy...etc....

This site is also mostly for Support and Advice and for, like others have said, To create a safe enviroment for Gay/bi people.

Frankly, we're not here to entertain you...at least that's what my mom tells me when I'm bored.

#19 Tokarov, Jul 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  20. Hoppip

Haha. This may be a boring forum, but you'll never hear flaming. This is the nicest forum I've ever been on. Everyone here is chill.

And if you want some excitement, make some threads and stir things up. : D