1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to become friends with someone you have never spoken too

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by casper, Feb 23, 2014.

1. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so I know this guy in my school who is so awesome, he makes films and I think he is gay ( know it pretty sure). But he is in a year above me ( how do you say that, but I think you can understand what I mean) but he doesn't even know of my existence, but I really want to talk to him or something but that is kinda weird since he has no clue who I am, I know some of his friends who are in my year but I am not best friends with any of them so that is no excuse either. But I would love to become friends with him because we have so much in common! Any ideas?

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Either don't bother or wait until a natural opportunity arises. Trying to artificially create a situation to talk to him isn't a very good idea; it'll be unnatural and likely uncomfortable.

Get involved in stuff he's involved in, but only if you also like/know about what the activity is (and don't become his stalker by doing everything he does). A friendship needs to happen naturally, and sometimes it can take a long time for you to become anything near to close to him.

Just don't force it. It's likely that by the time you could make a natural friendship with him from scratch he'd be gone from school or you'd find that you're really not the friends you thought you might be.

3. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    but is in his last year so I don't have a lot of time to talk to him anymore!

4. fairyprincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd say that if you get a chance to talk to him, give him a compliment on his shoes or something. That will make him recognize you when he sees you, and that will probably sprout conversation.

5. kem

kem

There were lots of interesting people in my school whom I wanted to befriend, but I never got the chance. :frowning2: You just have to deal with it.

6. TheUglyBarnacle

If you think you can handle it, you could just go up to him and compliment him on something and then let conversation roll.
    Or you could go talk to your friends while they are conversing with him.
    Just make sure not to come off as a stalker. There's nothing wrong with wanting to get to know someone but knowing a lot of stuff about him despite having never talked to him will appear creepy.

7. Foster

Just go up to him and start a conversation. Have a little confidence :slight_smile:

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    +1. Agree 100%.

I'm thinking about college and entering the world of work. If a person has a class with you or, even if they don't, but there's just this automatic hitting it off or easy chemistry, then go for it. I can think of a few people who lived in my dormitory that were of different ages, in different studies, and from very different places that I just clicked with ... and people who were in my classes that I just didn't have anything to say to, nor they to me. You can still have a class with someone and the body language or vibes just indicate you should not really bother trying to get to know someone. Also, if there is an interest solely on your part, the going can get clumsy.

I'm going to agree with Aussie792. You should read all the comments, though. However, in the end, you are free to proceed how you want.

9. King

How do you know he is gay?

The above comments are quite useful. You could say something along the lines 'that's a cool bag, shoes, coat etc.. where did you buy it from?'

You could ask your friends about him, and whether he is gay or not assuming you have told them that you are gay.

If your interested in films then bring it up in a conversation some how.

I have been asked about that stuff before and asked others, no big issue and it doesn't mean or sound gay unless you wish to put that angle on it.

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try to befriend him first. Ask him about his films or something else you both share an interest in. You could ask a technical question like what his recommendations are on cameras, basically something that gets you on his radar. Even though I'm an introvert, I manage to make the most random of friends because I have lots of interests and usually can find something in common with them.

11. setnyx

since he makes films you could comment on one if you seen it or ask questions about what he does.

12. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah I thought I could comment on how awesome his films look but it is kinda weird to just talk to someone who doesn't even know who you are hahaha but I will try to start a conversation with him. And I haven't been truly honest because I think I might like him but it is weird since I have never really spoke to him! But I just thought that becoming friends would be a good start because when I look at how he responds on facebook comments I just know that our sense for humor is pretty much the same and because he has friends who are really funny too but unfortunately not my friends because in my country you don't really talk to people from other years but well I will just see how it goes.

13. Nikky DoUrden

You might also think about friending him on social media like facebook.

I definatly think though u should approach him, I hope I would have the courage when I was younger to do it (I regret it to this day)

14. PinkieKeen

Yeah.. definately listen to everyone else in this case lol. in most cases im very upfront and like HEY! lets be friends! okay? works sometimes.. but usually freaks people out lol. im kind of crazy.. but i do wish you the best of luck and i hope everything works out :slight_smile: btw though.. some of the best conversation starters are the simplest. Like saying something as simple as "Hey. How ya doin?" even something as simple like that can make someone feel that youre interested in what they have to say and how they feel. and while it may not start full blown conversations right away, it helps light that first initial conversational spark. But i remember you saying dont have much time left. so you might need a more frontal approach. If you say he has the same sense of humour and stuff then try opening with something you would like people to greet you with :slight_smile:

15. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the ideas everyone I will just see how things turn out