1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by African boy, Feb 23, 2014.

1. African boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    guys random thought i had. Do you think that there is one perfect moment in life to strive / work toward. or like me do you believe that life is full of Little wonderful moments that make your life that one goal to strive toward/live it to the fullest and make meaning instead of trying to fine meaning in the life we have. what do you guys think

2. FrozenFae

That's an interesting question, and one I think is open to many different answers.

For me, I believe that just the act of living itself is sacred, and relishing each moment you are alive - from admiring the sunrise to the simple unconscious act of breathing are perfect moments we all too often take for granted.

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Strive towards your own happiness I guess is what most people try to do. I don't know what a perfect moment would be since everyone's idea of that is different and for some more easily attainable than others. Life should be punctuated with little awesome things for sure though. For me I personally don't care if I get to perfect happiness or w.e. just as long as the good outweighs the bad enough to keep me going. And I think worrying too much about our meaning in life is a waste of time, odds are it's whatever we already enjoy and spend our time doing most.

4. sanguine

neither

life is meant to be lived, regardless if its for a single goal (which to me is depressing) or for the little moments

5. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

Awesome question!
    I personally believe that life is not about achieving your particular goal, it's about enjoying the journey to get there to whatever it is you wish to do which could be a lot of little goals or one dinosaur sized one, because in the end, in my opinion, we will never enjoy the end goal as much as we thought we would so we might as well make the journey to get it worth while.

6. Nikky DoUrden

Both!
    I set myself really high goals in life, and I want to enjoy every moment on the way there 8)

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a series of small events. If you look at life as all leading up to one pivotal moment, what is it after that? Each separate part of life has its own place and contributes to the big picture. :slight_smile:

8. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both. So much of what I've done the last 10 years or so has been done with the goal of obtaining my PhD, which I should do in a little over 2 years. But that doesn't mean my life is suddenly complete then (hell I'll be 29...my life better not be complete at 29!), or that there haven't been other moments to celebrate along the way.