1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are We More Promiscuous?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by UnderARock, Jul 12, 2008.

?

Do You Think we are More Promiscuous Than our Heterosexual Counterparts?

1. Yes overall we generally are and personally I am as well

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Yes overall we generally are however personally I am not

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. No overall we generally arent however personally I am

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. No overall we generally arent and personally I am not

29 vote(s)
    55.8%
  1. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    I recently came out to a str8 guy and he has been really cool. I was talking to him about relationships and stuff and made a passing comment the stereotypically homosexual are more promiscuous. He said that he hadn't heard that. I'm not sure where I got that impression but I had it for awhile. Using the sample size (not that it is statistically significant) he the str8 guy is much more promiscuous than I am. However I made the comment coz my awkwardness about my complete lack of experience.
    I have got the impression that the rest aids is big among is coz we get around alot more. Having said I went to a private christian high school and as such my sex ed was somewhat lacking. I really dont know anything at all about aids.

So I'm throwing it out to ec, Do you think we are more promiscuous than our Heterosexual counterparts? Both personally and generally?

2. Tom

Tom Guest

generally : no
    personally : yes =D

3. davo-man

Hmm I had this awesome response all written out, then I voted before posting it and lost it, so I will give you the extra-lite version.

I think we are more promiscuous, generally, since stereotypically men are sex-oriented, so if both partners are men, therefore stereotypically sex-oriented, it's a lot easier to have flings and be promiscuous.

Conversely, women are stereotypically less sex-oriented, so straight one-night stands are less common.

However, that's just going from heresay and stereotype, which (as everyone on this site knows) aren't always true. Personally, I am not promiscuous...yet. I see nothing wrong with being sexually confident; meaning that you feel free enough in your own body that you aren't scared to experience life...in someone else's bed. The distinction i draw between being sexually confident and a whore/slut/skank is that a whore/slut/skank has sex in order to make other like them, whereas a sexually confident person has sex because they feel free to.

Hmm, I totally got off on a tangent...woops.

Anyway, generally: Yes
    Personally: Not yet

4. Mmmike

Generally no i don't believe so
    And i personally am not at all

5. Cool Beans

I don't buy into the stereotype that we're more promiscuous. And personally, I don't plan on being promiscuous either.

6. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know....but all my straight guy friends are way more promiscuous than I am.
    But I know of a lot of equally (or even more) promiscuous gay guys as well.

Davo-man has a good point though...men tend to be more sex-oriented than women, no matter what orientation.

So I'd say generally maybe (voting for no)
    personally no

7. sexyalex

i voted yes we are but i am not...i am vergiiin :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

i said so because all the gay friends that i do have which are of age....lets just say they always have a new guy in their bed every other week.

8. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not, I know that. There are a lot of things I'm not, which is why I'm so annoyed by all the stereotypes that get flung my way. Does no one pay attention to the "college straight guy"? No one thinks THAT'S promiscuous?

9. Brandford

Generally: yes
    Personally: no

i think that because on here i see alot of people in the anonymous section saying that they are having sex with "friends" instead of one boyfriend so yes over all i think we are more Promiscuous

10. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't think we are. The media has a fun time portraying us that way however that's far from reality in my opinion

11. Tom

Tom Guest

i actually only said this because i was bored, i'm not promiscuous at all.

12. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The most promiscuous people I know are straight. I voted no for in general, and also no for personally - I'm the exact opposite.

13. jazzrawr

I have nobody to be promiscuous WITH. XD
    But in general, I don't think we are. At the most, we're more willing to have sex because we can't get pregnant, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And that's always the big concern...

So i voted no.

14. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Isn't it funny how in the poll almost everyone has said they personally are not. Is this because gays are not, or because the kind of gays who come to EC ae not?

15. Well, I said generally no but personally yes. Truthfully, I have a purity ring and I don't plan on having sex anytime soon. But the conversations I have with my friends.... those are badd. So I suppose I'm... mentally promiscuous. :icon_bigg

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think, in general, we are. Not by that much, but I do think gays in general have a more relaxed attitude towards sex. Sex obviously isn't a procreative activity for us, and, therefore, we're less likely to "wait until marriage". Because of that, we're more likely to treat it as just a fun activity.

On a related note, I also think we're more likely to be open about it. Gays in general don't seem to care who knows about who they're sleeping with, whereas straight women (specifically) still tend to have "reputations to uphold". A straight woman who likes sex is labelled a "slut", and she tends to have to try to fight that. A gay man who likes sex may be labelled a "whore", but they're a lot more likely to wear that label proudly. :slight_smile:

Lex

17. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I detest this stereotype.
    I find promiscuity very distasteful and don't consider myself anywhere near.
    I think this is perhaps the most damaging stereotype out there.

18. jroakwood

i absolutely agree with everything davo-man said.
    especially the personally "not yet". :]

i do agree that generally, yes, gay (men) tend to be more sexually promiscuous.

19. That's the other thing. We might be considered more promiscuous because we don't always wait until marriage. But how can we wait for marriage when, for the most part, they won't let us get married?