1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attracted to young mothers?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by drwinchester, Feb 24, 2014.

1. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

So this is a weird, really stupid question but is it normal to find young (like twenty something) mothers attractive? Like, I wouldn't be opposed to say, a single father, but something about young, pregnant women I find attractive. It's like they've got this glow to them, I dunno.

Anyone else feel like this? Is this normal?

2. beloved

Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a couple of guy friends who found me attractive when I was pregnant. Some people find pregnant women attractive, period. I asked them why and they said the same thing about the glow. So, it might not be the norm, but it's not unheard of and certainly nothing you should feel weird about.

3. apostrophied

Hmm, I've never heard about someone having that attraction, but I suppose there are as many targets of attraction as there are people out there... But be careful, I would think that they'd become a lot less attractive when there's a crying baby. :wink:

4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard some people say the same thing. I'm not into pregnant women but that's just my opinion.

5. beloved

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't want this to come off as mean or me trying to attack you, but I found that last comment really rude. Just because there's a "crying baby" doesn't mean a woman is less attractive. Babies cry. It's the only way they can communicate because they haven't developed the skills to form words. Maybe the aspect of being in a relationship with a mother is unappealing, but crying babies have no direct correlation with a woman's physical attractiveness which is what they were referring to.

6. apostrophied

Sorry, I didn't mean the woman herself would be less appealing, more like it would be less appealing to be in a relationship with someone whose biggest preoccupation at the moment is figuring out the best brand of diapers/formula/bottles and the schedule for making use of them. Of course it's not their fault they can't talk, just that their being in this particular life stage makes it more difficult, or even almost impossible, for their mothers to enter in a relationship. There's a time for everything, and typically, new babies and new partners don't come at the same time.

But yeah, OP was referring to only physical attraction, so this would be besides the point anyway.

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Thanks. Yeah, so not as weird as I thought. Which kind of brings me to wonder- do any women experience this? Because from what you all have said and from what I've looked up, I'm really only seeing it in other guys.

And what I find especially weird is that I'm not even that good with kids in the first place. Had loads of young siblings, so had to help raise/mind them. But other kids? Yeah, I'm awkward with them. And yet a cute pregnant girl on bus turns me into a stammering idiot. So...

8. beloved

Out Status:
    Some people
    I find young pregnant women super cute, so I dunno, maybe.

And I'm the same way and I'm a mother. Lol. I'm really awkward with other people's kids. Like, "what do I say to you?" or "how do I interact with you?" even though I'm a mother. I'm just really awkward in general though. So, don't feel bad for finding pregnant girls super cute. It's not like you're trying to take care of their kids, you're just appreciating their appearance.

9. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Don't do it, Doc, don't do it. Take it from me.

^ is bitter :frowning2:

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

You know, I wonder if it's gotta do with a protector mentality. I'm not running on testosterone (yet) so if pheromones are involved, I'm not sure how that's working with me. But it's like, I see a cute girl, and much as I know the woman's perfectly, 100% capable of handling herself and can go about her day without my assistance, there's this idea I have to be a protector...which kind of irritates me, honestly.

So maybe that's it. I dunno.

Maelstrom: I almost dated a single mother, at one point. But turns out, she was into me purely because I was trans. And figured...didn't need any possibility of being a stepfather before I graduated. :lol:

I can't imagine it ending well.

11. beloved

Out Status:
    Some people
    To be perfectly honest, that's how I am with females, lol. It's like this need to protect, even though I'm probably less capable of protecting myself than most women. So I completely understand.

12. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't feel sexual attraction, but I do think pregnant women are pretty.

13. Nikky DoUrden

Not "attractive" in that way, but I do some times think that I want "a mother like that", something that I feel I didn't had in life!