1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how old were you when you stayed home alone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tokarov, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Title says it all. Hey EC! :smilewave

I was just wondering how old were you when you stayed home alone? Today my parents went to San Fransisco to visit my aunt. After a long conversation we had, they said I could stay home alone. They'll be back tomorrow.

Nothing bad will happen. We have nice neighbors and I know the number for 911 :lol: But My older sister doesn't think I can cut it, and wants to take me to her house. They say I won't be able to sleep at night by myself. I'm 16 now, how old were you guys?

(!) I HAVE THE HOUSE ALL TO MASELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (!)

2. jazzrawr

Re: how old were you when you satyed home alone?

Well, staying home a few hours by myself, i was 11.
    Being by myself for a day or more, i was 15. :slight_smile:
    My parents trust me, so we didnt even have to talk about it lol.

3. sexyalex

8? o.0

4. Trumpetplyer23

My parents would start leaving me at home for like 10 minutes while they bought eggs or something when I was 12. As for being home a long time by myself, that just started earlier this year.

5. musicgirl112233

When I was like 12 for a few hours. 13 pretty much amount of time.

6. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think my parents trust me...cause all I do is sit on the computer during my summer xD
    They just think all HELL BREAKS LOOSE when I'm home alone. :dry:

7. Cool Beans

I finally got to stay home alone after school and during the summer after my fifth grade year, I think. As for staying home alone overnight/for multiple days, my parents unfortunately never go anywhere, but I'm sure they'd let me stay here alone. They'd just call. All the time.

8. Andrew

I was 13, when I stayed home alone :slight_smile: It was fine. I can't imagine my parents not letting me stay home alone when I am 16 :confused:

-Luis

9. MeskElil

14, and only for about 10 minutes or so. My parents (esp. my mom) are so protective, it's downright annoying.
    They flipped earlier this year when they found out I need to stay home alone AT NIGHT :eek: shocking... and so they really didn't trust me and kept calling every 10 minutes to make sure no scary men with ski masks had broken into the house yet. I reminded them time and time again that we have two huge attack-dogs (okay, one huge attack dog and one little-ish dog who thinks she's an attack dog) and that I was pretty sure I was going to be just fine...but whatever.
    I'm still not really left home that much. My parents don't trust me with my computer. Good thing they don't know about this site :grin:.

10. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just said for them to leave a car out front so something thinks their home. But nothing will happen. I got two dogs in the backyard that bark if someone farts 2 miles away. I got really nice neighbors. My older sister calls every hour, shes SOOOO Paranoid like my mom.

So unless the pizza man is a killer, I think I will survive my hard night alone. :lol:

Party at my house EC? :icon_bigg

11. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was left alone with my younger sister for about an hour when I was eight years old, but I didn't start staying at home for longer than that until I was about 10. I guess I was a pretty trustworthy child...I never caused messes or anything, I knew what set fires and what put them out....now, I get home from school at least an hour before everyone else. During the summer, both of my parents work and I have the house mostly to myself. The sister is still around, they trust me to keep an eye on her and she mostly stays out of trouble, but other than that....it's a pretty quiet house.

12. RENThead

i was grade 2 (7) and my brother would have been 9. we stayed home on holidays.
    mum worked 8-12, so most days we were just getting out of bed when mum came home from work.

but from grade 2, i rode my bike to school by myself.

i guess i lived in a small-ish town... but i never thought anything of it at the time.

13. Tim

Tim

Never <_< I got 2 sisters. Unless you mean without an adult, then When I was about 8, and my oldest sister was like 13. Mom and dad would always call halfway through what they were doing (I think bingo?)

14. Chaz

For small trips, probably since I was 8, there wasnt much of a choice since my dad was the only parent. Alone overnight, right now. Been at home alone since Wednesday <3

15. Vampyrecat

for small trips it started just after I moved houses...and then it would be for up to a couple of hours...and it's only just been this year that I've been allowed to stay home overnight by myself.

Actually these holidays I was by myself for three days.
    Three days is a long time.
    It was kinda scary at night cos we had thunder and lightening and it was very very frightening.

16. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

First time left alone over night was last month. Pitiful i know but they drag me alone most places.

17. Brandford

i have 2 older sisters and an older brother so i think i was about 13 and ive never been home alone for more than a day

18. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For a few hours, 6. For an extended period of time, 12 or so.

19. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah having over protective parents can really suck, my parents were so god dam over protective i was never in the house by myself until i was back from my first year of college (19) and i got paid to watch the house for a week while they went on vacation but they still had my older cousins come by and check on things and then report back to them. :dry:

20. lap531

I was about 13 for my parent to leave me at home for a few hours, they still don't leave me home alone over night or on trips