1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mother is being difficult

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hereliesfreedom, Feb 25, 2014.

1. hereliesfreedom

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Today in school were having a discussion in school which ended up talking about whether or not homosexuality is a sin. (I was pleasantly surprised when my teacher said she didn't think was(!) ). A girl in my class said that it's not possible for two girls to be gay. Long story short she argued with an openly bisexual girl who was offended by her comment. When I got home I thought it'll be interesting to see my mother's reaction to the topic and see if her opinion had changed.
    When I told she starting going on about how it's a sin even if were made that way and have no choice. When I told her about my teacher she got very upset. She said a theology teacher shouldn't be saying her opinion and teaching us that it's okay if the bible says it's not. She even subtly tried to ask for her name( which I didn't give her). I've tried to defuse the situation but my brother won't let it go either because he knows about me and knows several gay/bi people as well.
    Even if I can she called her boyfriend and told him what we were talking about. He's very religious and doesn't believe it's natural. I just want to forget I brought it up.

2. Kenaria

Oi, that's a shame! People in this world need to get over themselves and let us all love who we want.
    If she doesn't accept you ever, then that's her problem. Don't waste your breath on her if you'll end up passing out from air loss.