1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where would you live?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Robert, Feb 25, 2014.

?

Where would you like to live the most?

1. In a city

42.0%
  2. On the outskirts of a city

22.0%
  3. In a town

8.0%
  4. On the outskirts of a town

8.0%
  5. In a villiage

6.0%
  6. On the outskirts of a villiage

6.0%
  7. In the middle of nowhere

8.0%
  1. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I prefer towns.
    In towns there are less bad people than in a city. There is also less noise and less mess.
    Also, the reason why I dont like the idea of villiages is because I feel like there would be a strong community there which would judge your every move. I have never lived in a villiage though.

I currently live in a city.

#1 Robert, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A city. Better education, more people, more variety, and stuff like cafés are better, as are most goods and services. Canberra feels too small for me at times, let alone a small town or a rural/middle-of-nowhere area.

3. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the middle of nowhere for me! I've been brought up in a really rural area in the Lake District, all my life and now I live in a city for uni, which was a massive shock to the system I have to say. I love cities, but I don't think I could see myself settling there long term. After uni, I'm planning on moving to a smaller town. Just to escape a bit of the hustle and bustle.

4. Cubiculum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would love to live in a small friendly village where everyone knows each other. As long as you don't antagonise anyone you could have a large number of friends and you could always talk to others and just have a laugh.

I would hate to live in the middle of nowhere. Anyone who's watched films like The Strangers, You're Next or Cabin in the Woods knows that the middle of nowhere could be a potentially bad place to live: no phone signal, bad people can lurk there, if you scream nobody hears you, no police nearby and you would get isolated so much that it could get lonely. I may have watched a tad too many films, but I still stand by them!

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't think I could do city living.

I picked middle of nowhere since the best places I've ever lived have been in the middle of nowhere.

6. robclem21

I currently live about 30 minutes north of Toronto, the third largest city in North America. Personally, I think it is the best of both worlds. 30 minutes south is a vibrant city with tons of culture and food and events and festivals, and 30 minutes north is cottage country with small lakes and ski resorts and farms.

Being in the middle, the people are incredibly friendly (though maybe thats because Im in Canada), and you still get all the benefits of urban areas such as good schools, access to grocery stores, sports facilities, other hobbies, and smaller communities. During the day you have the option to to travel around, drive into the city and explore, but go home to a quieter area at night where it is peaceful and you can just relax.

I've grown up here my entire life, and eventually would like to settle in a similar environment regardless where that is.

7. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    City living for me. Although I enjoy spending time in the countryside, particularly hiking and mountain biking, I have no desire to live there. Too isolated, too few amenities, too socially conservative (usually).

I currently live in one of the UK's largest cities, that is in close proximity to some of the UK's most attractive rural areas - the best of both worlds.

#7 imnotreallysure, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  8. awesomeness

I don't like chaos, but I like knowing that I live in a place with a lot of people. I don't like being in a situation where I know everyone around me, since I like meeting new people. So I'm gonna go with city

9. Sorceress of Az

I would like to live in a small community with only a few buildings and a thick forest or jungle.

10. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I wonder if that's a UK thing? Because it's not necessarily the case in the US.

11. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A nice stucco home in the suburbs, preferably in one of those areas where there's housing developments as far as the eye can see.

12. Harve

It's not necessarily the case in the UK either to be fair.

I grew up in the Peak District and now I'm in Scotland's biggest city, so pretty much two extremes. Both are great for me, it's just important to make the most of each one.

I picked the city, just because where I am now has a much bigger diversity of people - more varied personalities, more nationalities, etc. - but I'm sure there are some rural regions which offer the same kinda mix.

#12 Harve, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  13. Zooombini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have always wanted to have a house right outside a city where I can walk into town or just look out at the city at night. That said I wouldn't mind an apartment or condo in the city.

14. NotBrokenYet

I really want to live out in the country on a farm. I have an anxiety disorder and NVLD and I find crowds and a lot of light/noise (particularly flashing lights, or a lot of people talking at once) extremely triggering/distressing. I don't like to have a lot of people around - I prefer animals. Even living in the suburbs bothers me. As soon as I can I want to get out to where its quiet and I have some space and I don't feel so boxed in. City life is not for me.

15. Techno Kid

I picked city for these same reasons... also I love tall buildings! :grin:
    Right now I live in an area with two small cities of around 15,000 right next to each other (kinda like small twin-cities). I've grown up here and it covers most of my needs, but I just want to live with more of a variety of different people and things to do and see. Where I live is also very conservative and would like to live in a place more progressive.

16. justjade

I'd like to live in the middle of nowhere, provided I can get my internet and phone service. I miss not having neighbors.

17. timo

I live on the outskirts of a city at the moment but would love to live actually in the city.

18. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Either in a big city, or in the suburbs of a big city.

19. EatYourRikkios

I'd love to live in a city: thrumming with life, community, culture, so much in such a short distance, theater... I want to live there. For now, though, I'm in the suburbs, and set to move to Fort Sill, in the middle of nowhere. That should be fun. XD

20. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I live right in the city, and would continue to live in a city. I love big city life. It's the perfect chance to integrate with such vibrancy and variety, without actually needing to know anyone or get overtly involved.