1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Forcing Myself To Grow Up Too. Fast?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZenMusic, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

I feel like me resesearching all these things about jobs and a music career is me jumping before I'm pushed? Is there anything wrong with what I'm doing. Also, there are times where I feel like an adult trapped in a 14 year old boy's body. I know exactly what to do in SOME situations, even if I haven't been there.

2. Cubiculum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm like you. I'm only 13 and I'm always researching jobs relating to music and computing to find out the requirements, even though they most likely will change by the time I'm old enough to do them. There's nothing wrong with getting a jump-start, just don't be surprised when you get there and you find out they're different. It's actually good to research jobs when you're young, it shows that you are committed to having a good future because most kids I know hang around until the last minute :eusa_naug

3. ZenMusic

I need a mini recording studio and I'm set.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is nothing wrong with being driven and mature at all. However do not overlook your youth. Many would give anything to have it back.

At least I would.

5. Emulator

It's fine, everyone matures at different rates. And there's nothing wrong with being immature or mature for that matter, if you consciously avoid growing up too fast, then you wouldn't be you. Enjoy your youth, though, you have a whole life ahead to decide on what to do with it :slight_smile:

6. Nikky DoUrden

push forward, don't hesitate. make your goals reach as far as u can think of, or as a wise man once said "Aim for the moon; even if you miss you’ll land among the star" ! no reason to wait :slight_smile:

7. EatYourRikkios

You aren't growing up too fast. I wish I'd had your drive at 14. Just keep working toward your goal, do your best in school - scholarships are fantastic - and work for your dream.

Good luck!

8. awesomeness

You aren't an adult trapped in a 14 year old's body lol. Trust me. After a few years you'll look back and think "can't believe how dumb I was at 14"

9. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you forcing yourself to grow up too fast? Well, the key question is: are you forcing yourself?

If you like thinking about your future and making plans, no reason to stop yourself out of some preconceived idea of what being a kid should be like.

If you don't like it, then consider making time to have some fun as well.

10. apostrophied

Nothing wrong with it, but make sure that you are preparing yourself to be ready to do anything, not just music. In other words, don't poopoo math and science "because you want to be a musician." In 10 years from now, it's possible (even likely) that you won't see things in the same way and if you'll regret having limited yourself...

11. leer

does it really matter as long as you are happy with what you are doing.

12. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, and land among the stars, you will probably suffocate anyway."

I couldn't resist xD Although I agree; we should be positive and proactive. Life is usually a series of ups and downs that you learn to manage. By the time I was about 20 I was better able to cope because I was equipped with experience.

I swear I didn't have a bad childhood at all; I just had to grow up a little faster than my peers. I've managed and you can as well! Balance is the key. Make time to have fun. It's okay to be childlike sometimes but not childish. You have to rest/play sometimes to be most efficient overall. Or at least that's my excuse for still playing with Lego.

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Simply put, no. If you know for a fact that that is your passion, hit it as soon as you can with all possible force, so you have the best chances of success when you get older. But that must be tempered with caution, because if you invest effort into the wrong avenues, it could all be wasted. Just be careful and have a little fun while burning hard for that goal. :slight_smile: