1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am about to do something really risky... but, if I don't, I will regret it later

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GingerGuy, Feb 26, 2014.

1. GingerGuy

A big change in my life has occurred about three months ago. In a dating website, I've met a gay guy (of exactly the same age as me) who lives in a city nearby, quite far from me, but not as much. Let's call him W. However, I see him as far more than another hook up. He is someone who Im seriously thinking about getting into a relationship with. Why? Because he's different than the others. He tells me good morning and asks me how am I doing, and always has a compliment or a word to make me feel special. We have each other's phone numbers and call each other almost everyday, and discuss a lot about our personalities. His orchestra (he plays the cello beautifully), his churchgoing habit despite his homosexuality, his family issues and also mine. My parents will be travelling during the next week, but I decided to stay in Rio de Janeiro in order to be with my friends during Carnival. However, the main reason why I wanted to stay was because of my desire to finally meet W in person.

We have made all the plans. He will travel to Rio next Monday, March 3rd, and we will meet on a cafe. After a lot of talking, W was supposed to go to my house and sleep there with me. We would talk, go to the pool, watch movies together, and yes, make love.

However there is one thing I forgot: there are cameras in my house, by both entrances.

I never payed much attention to them, but now the two machines became my biggest enemies. They turned the place I live in not in a home, but into a prison. Its true that my parents might never know he spent the night there, but in case they get suspicious (they will come back home 2 days later, March 5t) they will simply see what the cameras have recorded. Also, another problem is that W is black. If a white dude arrived inside my apartment, I would just tell them he's a friend from the complex who I decided to spent some time with, and they would believe. But since Brazil is a VERY racist country, if you're black its assumed that you're poor and uneducated, and would never be able to live in a rich district like we do. W might be from a much lower social background, but he's FAR from being ignorant, and I admire him for it. However, let's tell this to my bigoted, racist parents. Even if W was a girl, I don't think they would approve our relationship.

I have another option: going to a motel. It will limit our time together, and its also quite expensive (no less than the equivalent of 100 dollars), but it will be a safer option when it comes to family. I never went to a motel before, so first I will see if W agrees with the idea. What I just CANT do, as expressed in the title, is to let this opportunity pass. I lost my virginity last month, and it happened exactly because I took the opportunities life offered at me. If I don't meet W now and we consummate what we feel for each other, then its likely that ill never be able to again. Some of you might say I should wait until Im living on my own to do this kind of stuff, but Im 19. These are the best years of my life, Im in college, and Im trying to make the best of it. I just don't know what is the best decision to take, and so Im searching some help from you guys. I hope this post expresses well the dilemma I am facing.

2. setnyx

Re: I am about to do something really risky... but, if I don't, I will regret it late

first off meeting ANYONE you met on the internet is risky. second you live with your parents you should respect their rules. i wouldn't be planning on having sex right away but a decent motel although expensive ( maybe you split the cost ) would be the better option. good luck and be safe.

3. turtles

Re: I am about to do something really risky... but, if I don't, I will regret it late

Even if you guys can't find an arrangement so that you guys can sleep together, I think just spending the day with him would be pretty great. And that'll give you guys a chance to really get to know each other in person!

4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Maybe you guys could split the cost if a motel. I wouldn't go back to your parents house especially because of the cameras. I think spending time with him would help you figure out if he is really someone you would want to be with. Just make sure to meet in a public place.