1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How about the effems?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zumbo, Jul 12, 2008.

1. zumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Straight-acting is very popular nowadays. Bisexuals do not have any problem with this but how about effems? :confused:

I can see that straight-acting homosexuals and bisexuals are revolutionizing the way most people think about homosexuality. I can't help think that someday the race of effeminate or flamboyant homosexuals will vanish to conform to the straight-acting mainstream.

2. Hoppip

I'm femme. I don't mind other femmes. I don't try to be femme, but I decided not to suppress it. I'm femme.

I think some guys try to hard to be macho - it's easier to just be yourself.

3. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Okay - I realise you are probably looking for guys but this just struk a cord with something I have been thinking about.

Just as lots of people see femme as a steriotypical gay guy, gay girls are supposed to be macho and butch. Naturally I am not very feminine. I never have been it's just not me but for some reason since I realised I was gay I have found myself actually acting more feminine as I don't want to be seen as a steriotype even if that steriostype is naturally how I am?? Confusing hey??

But anyway I think people should just try and be themselves and not care what people think - so much easier said than done though!!!

4. Fiorino

Sure, I prefer "straight-acting" guys, but I don't think that all gay guys
    will end up being like that. First of all, since when do you have to be
    effiminate to be gay? That's just a stereotype. I don't think that because
    a guy is "straight-acting", he is trying to act straight either, maybe he
    was just brought up that way, and it's who he is. I have nothing against
    femmes, they're not for me, but I respect that they're their own persons
    and don't try to conform to fit in. I say, just be yourself. There
    are effiminate gays just as there are straight-acting ones.

5. zumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Clarifying my definition for "straight-acting," I consider gays to be straight-acting whether they intend to do so or not.

I know many effems wanting straight-acting boyfriends. If straight-acting guys also want straight-acting guys, then what I said in the first post is possible. Maybe, I'm missing something since I don't ask those effems if they are willing to straight-act for this reason. :confused:

6. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like Fiorino said, everyone should just be themselves. I'm straight acting, but couldn't be femme if I tried, even around people who know I'm gay. I guess its down to where I grew up, and having been in the closet for so long. Maybe if I was out from the beginning I'd grow up to be more effeminate, or maybe not. Who knows?

I dont like the idea of femmes going against what feels natural for them, or anyone for that matter. Flamboyant homosexuals shouldn't have to tone down if they want a straight acting boyfriend, they don't have to, I'm sure there are plenty of straight acting gay people who are looking for someone effeminate

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The only thing is, it's not "straight-acting" for me. There's no acting involved, I'm just myself. It just so happens that "myself" isn't incredibly feminine. I have a few girlish mannerisms, and my face isn't as blocky as some guys I know, but that's about it.

8. Jebs

I really don't care for 'effems' too much. I don't have a problem with anyone being that, it is just not my type.

9. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I'm very femme. I don't try hiding it. I don't try to change it. And I don't really care if others think it's too stereotypical.
    It's what I'm used to. And if I change myself, I know I won't like it.

I'll date femmes or straight-"acting" guys.
    ... just as long as that straight-act isn't an act. It's just who he is.

10. Micah

I sort of found that someones mannerisms aren't really all that important, so long as they're a decent person. /shrug

11. Beebo

Some feminen acting guys are really hot to me. Some seem too fake, maybe there are gay people who feel like they must conform to the steryotipical standard and act femme. Anyways, I am attracted to people who are interesting and fun, who have things in common with me, who are interested in me and who happen to have a male body. If that person has a femme personality, I just see it as another worldly accent. Like a british person or an australian.

Crotch? Yes!

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, it ain't gonna die out. Up until about twenty, thirty years ago, no man (gay or straight) wanted to act like a femme. Because then, to be femme was to be gay, to be gay was to be femme, and to be either was to be shunned by society. And it was like that for many years leading up to our somewhat more enlightened times. If THAT didn't force femminess to "die out", I certainly don't think "trying to snag a guy who wants a straight-acting guy" will do it. They are who they are, and that kicks butt. :slight_smile:

Lex

13. revolutionrock

I do think I'm attracted more to manly men, but I think it's because I'm kind of a femme myself. I'm not really ashamed of it - I am what I am. But as such, I'm not really attracted to other femmes. I dunno if this is some sort of complex on my part, or just a built in yin/yang thing in my brain.

Macho isn't really attractive though. I think like the strong, silent type I suppose. :slight_smile:

14. LOVEjames

I'm a bit of a femme, and when I'm around people other than my family, I happily express it. I'm not all that into the stereotypical things, but I'm definitely interested in a lot of the things that most girls are. I say "Oh my goddddd." quite a bit, and I'll happily express my joy for things most guys wouldn't. I don't have a problem with it. I'm more attracted to a little more... stronger seeming people. I mean, they can be completely effeminate, but just as long as they're strong. That's the thing that I'm attracted to the most.

15. ScentedRegrets

What kind of things do you mean? When I came out to my two best friends (they are actually two brothers, but not mine - I am an only child), the younger one said that I was really a flamboyant guy, and that really threw me for a loop. What kind of things would you say that most guys wouldn't express joy for, or would make them appear to be flamboyant?

16. Jebs

A new season of Desperate Housewives...? Maybe.. :grin:

17. LOVEjames

For me, it seems like guys don't really get terribly excited. Or when they do, they express it in a terribly macho way. I will scream and jump up and down. xD

>_> And yes, I will do it for a new season of Desperate Housewives.

18. revolutionrock

If you can't express joy for a new season of Desperate Housewives, there's something wrong with you.

That's all I'm trying to say.

19. shakerdancee

Who's Desperate Housewives?

20. revolutionrock

*explodes*