1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you think that share/repost or you will have bad luck post's are real ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by laurenc, Feb 27, 2014.

1. laurenc

laurenc Guest

do you or do you not?

2. Cubiculum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I do not. They are sent by weirdos who just want to creep people out.

Send this post to twenty people within the next hour or you will have a month of bad luck!

Hehehe

3. Shamash

Of course not. It's just a bunch of crap that trolls do for fun.

4. Cubiculum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    But honestly I don't believe them. When I was a kid I came across chain letters (that's what they're called, chain letters) involving murder and they really scared me but then I realised they were made by assholes who have nothing better to do with their time than mess with others.

5. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well... if they WERE real, I should have died long ago, considering the number of them I ignored. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So, no.

6. Emulator

Please don't read this.
    Now that you have read this it's too late, you must repost this in at least 5 other places on the internet before the day is over or you will--

Cut off due to irrelevance and imaginary consequences. Case closed.

7. timo

No. Just, no.

If they were real I would've been hit by a bus, murdered in my sleep, given lots of diseases and in total would've died about 732 times already.

8. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I especially dislike Christian chain letters, like "Send this to all you care about. Remember Jesus said "if you deny Me before men, I will also deny you in front of my Father..."

or

"Repost this to all your friends and let's see how many people we can get praying for someone. Please do not break the chain"

Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian but some things are just too much... :bang:

In short, I hate all kinds of chain letters!!! I usually just ignore and delete them

And also hate things on Facebook along the lines of "Share this if you're against animal abuse" or "Like this and share if Jesus is welcome in your home"

#8 Ruby Dragon, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  9. Emulator

I dislike those too. They are used in the wrong context, and they don't make any sense at all, like what does sharing a spam post have to do with your standing on a matter?

10. magic

I don't believe in them

11. Nikky DoUrden

One thing god can't forgive about is not sending chain letters. or as its written - "thou shalt feed the trolls for thy hast rule the internetz".

12. Sarah257

Nope. The concepts of good or bad luck are just that: concepts. A concept does not have to be based in reality. (This is where I almost feel the need to go into a long discourse of the nature of reality in terms of subjectivity and theoretical physics, but I will resist for the sake of everyone's sanity :lol)

Not too long ago I came across a "web-comic" (I use that term loosly here) that went into some reasoning about objects that bring "luck". I suggest looking at it as it can help explain it in a way that you may find enlightening (and if you read the entire thing, funny as hell). Here's the link to the specific page: ==> ยป PREQUEL

@velvetblade & Emulator: Yeah, those Facebook things almost always got immediately ignored even if I agreed with it. It's like, if I'm going to like or share something, I'm going to do it because I want to, not because you told me to.

13. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. Nothing happens. Anything that does occur is a coincidence. Also slightly related; if you see a number everywhere it is because you're actively looking for it. Try looking for another number and you'll see it everywhere as well. Your brain has to navigate through insane amounts of information everywhere everyday! If we could process it all we'd lose our minds. I shall stop myself before I start talking about psychology or even chaos theory.

Spam emails? I'd like to share one of my faves with you;

"My name is ******. I am a very sick little boy.

My mother is typing this for me, because I can't. She is crying. The reason she is so sad is because I'm so sick. I was born without a body. It doesn't hurt, except when I try to breathe.

The doctors gave me an artificial body. It is a burlap bag filled with leaves. The doctors said that was the best they could do on account of us having no money or insurance.

I would like to have a body transplant, but we need more money. Mommy doesn't work because she said nobody hires crying people. I said, " Don't cry, mommy and " and she hugged my burlap bag. Mommy always gives me hugs, even though she's allergic to burlap and it makes her sneeze and chafes her real bad.

I hope you will help me. You can help me if you Forward this email to everyone you know. Forward it to people you don't know, the too. Dr. J***** said that for every person you forward this email to, Bill Gates will team up with AOL and send a nickel to NASA. With that funding, NASA will collect prayers from school children all over America and have the astronauts take them up into space so that the angels can hear them better.

Then they will come back to earth and go to the Pope, and he will take up a collection In church and send all the money to the doctors. The doctors could help me get better then. Maybe one day I will be able to play baseball. Right now I can only be third base.

Every time you forward this letter, the astronauts can take more prayers to the angels and my dream will be closer to coming true. Please help me. Mommy is so sad and and I want a body. I don't want my leaves to rot before I turn 10

If you don't forward this email, that's okay. Mommy says you're a mean and heartless bastard who doesn't care about a poor little boy with only a head. She says that if you don't stew in the raw pit of your own guilt-ridden stomach, she hopes you die a long slow, horrible death and then burn forever in Hell.

What kind of cruel person are you that you can't take five freakin' minutes to forward this to all your friends so that they can feel guilt and shame about ignoring a poor, bodiless nine-year-old boy? Please help me.

I try to be happy, but it's hard. I wish I had a kitty. I wish I could hold a kitty. I wish I could hold a kitty that wouldn't chew on me and try to bury its turds in the leaves of my burlap body. I wish that very much.

Thank you."

The first time I read it I had a fit of laughter and lost myself at "It doesn't hurt, except when I try to breathe." Spreading nonsense like this doesn't help the world nor does anything bad happen to you for ignoring it. If this stuff does get to someone then they need to see a professional and get help for anxiety.

#13 Lawrence, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  14. BelleFromHell

HEILLLLL nao.