1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When the sex you're not into tries to seduce you...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edgy, Feb 27, 2014.

1. edgy

edgy Guest

When the sex you're not into tries to seduce you...

how do you react?

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I laugh it off and make a joke out of it.

3. KindaSad

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I sympathize with them and let them down easy-- as long as they weren't flirting in a threatening or overdone way, there's no reason to take offense.

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I don't easily take offense to it in general, but it gets aggravating when they don't take the hint. One guy liked me, and I just said I wasn't interested and just wanted to be friends. He wouldn't drop it and would send me a lot of mushy letters. I just had to give up on my friendship with him for a while.

5. awesomeness

I sort of can't help playing along, even though I know it's most likely not gonna lead to anything

For some reason lesbians seem to have the hardest time with it. I guess because a lot of them have this complex of their lesbian identity being threatened. While gay guys and straight girls don't really have that complex. Even a lot of straight guys are more open to it than lesbians are, depending on where you live

#5 awesomeness, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  6. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If someone I'm not into seriously tries to seduce me, I do my best to let them know it's not going to work out, whether that means playing along for a while, flat out telling them no, or even being non-responsive, since it wouldn't be fair for them to think they have a chance. It only becomes offensive after they know, but continue trying anyway.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that female same-sex attraction doesn't seem to be taken as seriously as that for males? Lesbians are constantly told it's a phase, they can be cured by the right guy, that their sexuality is fluid, etc.

Then there's the fact that women have to face the reality that they're much more likely than men to be sexually assaulted, and when you look at the concept of "corrective rape", it's obvious that the idea is to assert power over a woman. How many gay guys seriously have to be concerned with being raped by women?

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

That's because lesbians are rarely ever taken as seriously as other sexualities are. Men who hit on them are usually serious and persistent about it. They think their sexualities are just public property for men's enjoyment and that they can be cured with a dick. If a guy flirts with me there are definitely times that I feel unsafe around him, but I don't take all advances badly. It depends on the intent, the seriousness of it, and the respect given. Rape culture between straight men and lesbians is definitely huge. Not necessarily that a man WILL always rape them, but the sexual harassment is relentless.

Female homosexuality is not seen as legit, It's seen as a fetish and harmless play time that straight girls can engage in to please men and/or have something to do before they give themselves to a guy. Because of that patriarchal culture of ours, I can definitely see why some lesbians are afraid of men hitting on them and why they get defensive when it comes to heterosexuality (with them even slightly involved) in general.

8. Emulator

I play a game with them...if they can take it.
    We'll stay as friends.

9. ZenMusic

A girl asked me if I would be her boyfriend, I told her I was gay and she said she thought she had a chance. A girl called me gorgeous too. I suppose it doesn't bother me that much.

10. pane123

pane123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    If a guy tries to seduce me, and won't take no for an answer, I usually just end up getting the heck away from them.

11. robclem21

this

12. awesomeness

I agree

For some reason there's this perception that once you've tried penis, then no woman will ever satisfy you the same way again. And no matter how many women you have sex with afterwards, you're always gonna go back to the dick. And I think this mindset is subconscious, and most people probably don't realize they have it.

This is why people who are attracted to males (gay men and straight women), generally don't care about experimenting with girls, because they know people aren't gonna question their sexuality because of it.

While people who are attracted to women (lesbians and straight men), have their guard up a lot more, because they know even the slightest admission of attraction towards a guy, might put their sexualities into question.

13. Lil Shorty

I dealt with this a lot, just let them down easy, if they don't take a hint be straight forward tell them you are not into their sexuality , if you do that and they keep on then just scream

14. leer

the woman from next door thought her luck was in when I moved into my flat always pooping round in a low revealing top everything on show my mates find it amusing knowing am batting for the other side even Mark ''BF'' finds it funny

15. barcelonabound

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a lesbian, when I get hit on by a straight guy I play along to get free drinks. I know, I know, I'm a horrible person.

16. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Usually I just let them compliment me and lead them on until I get bored and leave but on days when I'm feeling moody I get them to tell me I'm not fat and then really I'm game for anything.

17. Foster

I go "Aint gonna happen bro, I like boobs." And walk away.

Simple really.

18. PurpleGrey

Even though I'm bi, I'm a lot less likely to consider a romantic relationship with a guy the same way I would with a chick, so I guess I can count my experiences.

Fortunately for me, any advances from guys I have no interest in (so all advances from guys), are either so direct I can simply say "no" flatly, or so subtle I can pretend not to notice. Which works best, the former because being blunt gets the message across without any room for misinterpretation, and the latter because I always think I'm wrong when I sense a guy is interested, so I don't embarrass myself.

19. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

If a guy seduces me? It could be impossibile, unless he's gay.

20. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I consider it a compliment, but I will not allow anything to happen, unless I am drunk and my mental capabilities are impaired.

#20 imnotreallysure, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014