1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Irony...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

My PE teacher is lesbian (stereotype? check!) and because I'm terrible at sport, she always used to be mean to me. But recently, I don't have her for lessons anymore, and she's also started wearing normal clothes rather than sportswear around school, and I suddenly like her a lot more :grin: I've suddenly noticed that she's quite cute. It's pretty immature to like her more just because I've realised we're both gay. But maybe you lot have experienced that?

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^Lol I know what you mean. That's exactly what I'm going to try *not* to do when I get to my next school. Because there's a lesbian there in my year so I'll probably feel inclined to like her more than I actually do. Ah well, we'll see.

3. I know the feeling. Too well.

4. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Helena, you are totally my favourite virtual lesbian/bi woman/girl/person!

I'm not sure if I've ever experienced that directly (not liking someone and then realising I was gay and figuring out I was hot for them) but I can totally see that happening.

Sometimes our sexual attractions are quite at odds with our rational mind, and it can be a little disconcerting and frustrating. It happens to me when I know a cute guy is an asshole but my default is always to want to fawn over him even though the rest of me is going, "This guy is a fucking jerk and always treats you poorly so quit being such a pathetic sex-driven dummy." This usually leads me to some pretty passive-aggressive behaviour and lots of sighing about why it is that extremely attractive people can be so nasty. Because it seems to me that extremely attractive people should just be nicer than everyone else on top of being nicer to look at. But alas, this has not been my experience. *melodramatically puts the back of his hand to forehead* Oh woe is me!

In smiley terms, they'll be like this: :eusa_snoo
    And I'll be like this: :cry: and :icon_redf

And then I'll get all :angry:

Then I'll treat them like this: :dry:

And finally I'll laugh at myself: :lol:

Because overall, the people we're attracted to are always going to drive us nuts, one way or another. :icon_wink

5. pirateninja

Gah, I suffer from "OMGZ I LIEK HER COZ SHES GAY" syndrome too.

I've been told that our school's new music teacher sets everyone's gaydar off, but I seem to be the only one who hasn't seen her yet. And even though I don't know what she looks like or how she is, I am really really excited aboot her coming. I'm also extremely excited that she's going to be leading the House Arts (which I intend to participate in) and already I am thinking of ways of getting her to notice me.

And I don't even know the woman! :roflmao:

I guess when we hear/think someone is gay or lesbian, we automatically associate ourselves with them and maybe even develop a crush, JUST because we have that association.

Either that or I am completely insane.

6. jazzrawr

^ You're not insane Holly. XD I do exactly the same thing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Last year I had a music teacher that everyone thought was gay, and when I found out I liked her even more. And thought she was adorable. And tried harder in her class. XD

So, you are correct. ^.^

7. Hoppip

Me too. Except it's like, "OMGZ I LIEK HIM COZ HE SAID GOOD MRONINGG TO ME AND I THINK HE JUMPS THE POLE"

I really hate it, I develop crushes on people because I think they're "available." Even if they're not. It's a crappy habit of mine.

8. panda

9. Nanzuniko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    lol

I had a lesbian PE teacher in 8th grade but I didn't like her that much, she was all right I guess.