1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else do this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by josh9623, Feb 28, 2014.

1. josh9623

I noticed that recently I have started to play a game of sorts when I come across homophobes.

Whenever they start making homophobic comments I will start to talk to them and figure out exactly why they think that way, and see how I can change their outlook on those issues, talk for a little while until I get them to talk about what they think a gay person is like. Once I get them to this point, they are usually spewing stereotypes, I tell them that I am gay and watch them get surprised and try to back pedal.

I personally think it's pretty funny to see their reaction, and for me it's usually easy to do as the only people that know I'm gay are the people I have told (or flirted with). Also, there is a small amount of safety built in due to the fact that I know their viewpoint before they know I'm gay.

Has anybody else done something like this? if so, how did it go for you?

PS: the people I've done this to don't make homophobic comments anymore.

2. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, it's funny that they get taken aback. Do they become more accepting, the ones you know, or just don't say things when you're around?
    I don't think it would work for me, if only for the laughs, I'm a very strange person. :slight_smile:

3. josh9623

Obviously I don't know what they say when I'm not around, but they seem to be more accepting.

4. Sorceress of Az

I am in the closet but when people make homophobic or racist remarks I always challenge them verbally with the utmost passion, with out being rude or loud I can either get people to admit they might be wrong or some times if their just plain childish they will snap on me which I get a kick out of because it shows just how right I am.

5. PinkieKeen

Yes! ive done that before. mainly on Call Of Duty. im not COMPLETELY gay but i might as well be xD they either stumble over themselves and try to take back certain things they said or they just stop talking completely lol.

6. Emulator

Yeah, I can't help doing that. Not always to homophobic people though, to others who are hopelessly bound by stereotypes. Their reactions are pretty interesting.

7. Simple Thoughts

I have never done that before, but it sounds like a fun game to play :slight_smile:

I'll have to try it sometime.