1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dwarfism

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BlueStarN7, Mar 1, 2014.

1. BlueStarN7

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So yeah, the title is more than obvious about what I'm about to discuss. I just wanted to rip that bandaid right off because I'm tired of pretending that I don't have it.

So for anyone wanting to know, dwarfism is a type of mutation that makes me kind of short statured and by short stature I mean I stand at 4"1 tall. My mother and I are the only ones who have it.

I used to hate it. But I've come to accept it. There are some days where I hate it because I feel like it's the reason for my lack of dating. But I'm dealing with it. Please don't think I'm trying to start a pity party. Maybe a cuddle party. XP

Anyways, I am 28 years old. I have good looks, I'm very talented in things like writing music, poetry, art. I love to go to Raves and make kandi. I'm very loyal and am a romantic. I also have a great sense of humor. And of course I'm also gay.

So I have to ask because I haven't dated in three years and I'm always looking to start dating again. I want to have a woman in my life who I can love and give her the love that she has always wanted.

But do you all think I'll ever find a woman who can look past this image and see my heart?

If so... How can I find her?

-Angie

On a happy note: (!)

2. kem

kem

I think most people see beyond looks — not that there is anything unattractive about what you are. Peter Dinklage, Tyrion Lannister's actor in GoT, for example, is a brilliant actor and an incredibly intelligent and handsome man, I would let him have me right here, right now!
    As long as you are confident and believe you can surpass your "limitations" (in quotes because I believe the only limits are the ones we set ourselves), you'll find your love.

3. Beantown

Beantown Guest

I love tiny people, they're so adorable besides at least you can wear heels all the time, sometimes I have to wear flats or I'll be taller than some people although with tall guys I can wear heels.

4. sweetgayboy

sweetgayboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well first of all I just have to say in this very short message you're kind of my hero. I mean being gay can be a struggle as it is and then on top of it u have dwarfism but u still accepted yourself. I think there's nothing more amazing than that. Also about finding a woman don't worry you'll find her. I know one of these days ill find my dream man. I use to cry a lot bc I was gay and single but ive learned u need to accept yourself and I did. With finding a bf everyone says he'll come soon enough and I hope the same for u just think positive on this I have and even though I still haven't found a bf just accepting myself is like for me it gets better. I'm sure you can find the right woman within a year tops u sound dating material. Good luck to u (*hug*)

5. BlueStarN7

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You guys are amazing.. Thank you. Morphim, I needed that advice. Bean, no offense but I'm masculine so high heels and being adorable is a no go.. XD

And sweet boy, your response was touching. Thank you. I'm positive you'll find a man who deserves your sweet heart. :slight_smile: thanks guys..

6. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Don't worry the right girl will come along :slight_smile: if anyone refuses to date you just because of your height then they aren't worth wasting your time with anyway and I agree with morphim the actor who plays tyrion lannister is hot!

7. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say there is a girl out there for you, you just haven't found her yet. I'm 5 ft and I. The smallest out of all my friends, coworkers, etc so I can sort of understand. I would not have a problem dating someone with dwarfism as long as they had a great personality. As for you, you could try becoming more involved in lgbt events or if you have an lgbt youth center near you, they usually have different social groups.

8. BlueStarN7

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks Mo. Do you know how i can find these events and get involved? :slight_smile:

9. willycubed28

The fact that you have accepted yourself is just awesome. Never let anyone tell you that you are not beautiful the way you are, because you are very beautiful the way that you are. I believe there is a girl out there for you. And she will be lucky to have you. Keep your head up and just smile!

10. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know there are plenty of little people (or dwarfs - which term do you prefer?) who are in happy long-term relationships. So obviously there are people out there who are fine with it. Some couples are different statures, some are both short - doesn't seem to make much of a difference. (Only difference is, for heterosexual couples who both have the same dwarfism condition, there can sometimes be genetic problems with the children. For example with achondroplasia, if a child gets the achondroplasia genes from both parents, they'll die in infancy. But that wouldn't be an issue for you.)

11. justjade

Yeah, as Morphim said, just look at Tyrion Lannister. He gets tons of women, and he's shorter than all of them! The fact that you accept yourself is going to go a long way because no one will be able to tell you you're not beautiful. When you're confident, you radiate it. I wish you the very best. The right woman will come along. :slight_smile:

12. Munyal

I would date Peter Dinklage in a heartbeat. He is an excellent actor.

Beside the point, I think yes, if you get back onto the dating scene, somebody will date you. If looks are the deciding factor in a relationship, then there are obviously other reasons to not date this person. Best of luck (*hug*)

13. MessieM

Ummm... ok slight confession to make. One of my best friends, one of the ones I'm out too, also is around that height probably smaller and has a slight growth disorder and will most likely always be that height, and everyone fancies her. And I kinda do too...

14. Ignorance

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You're perfect the way you are. The right girl will just come along someday.

15. BlueStarN7

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Definitely a confidence booster. Thank you, you beautiful people you. :*

16. Beetle

You sound like an awesome and fun person, and like everyone else has said the right girl will come along eventually. *hugs*
    I would have no problem dating someone with dwarfism, height isn't something I was ever concerned about, I care more about personality and how much fun they are and how loved they make me feel.

17. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

I agree :slight_smile:

18. BlueStarN7

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you, guys/girls. Everyone has been supportive. :slight_smile: you all are like my super heroes.. *hugs*

19. Foster

Love knows no height :slight_smile:

20. theskywreck

I used to be bummed out about my height (which is 4'10") because I feared it would inhibit my ability to pass as male in public. I finally realized that there are always upsides to being short, and I'm glad that you can see that, too!