1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motivation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Perseus, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Perseus

So I have exams coming up pretty soon and it's really hard to find motivation to study, and the coming exams are going to be the biggest exams yet that are going to affect my future. I really want to study but I find if quite difficult to actually study. My mind just thinks about other stuff while I try to study. I do fairly well at school and never get below B grades on tests but I'm just worried because the coming exams are on everything that we've learnt over the past 2 years and I really want to do well.

Do any of you have similar problems when you try to study? How do you deal with them?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I despise studying, and am infinitely thankful I can mostly get by without doing it at all.

However, that's only because I'm exposed to other learning methods than just grinding my nose in the book. What I've found works best is having somebody else quiz me with test questions/vocabulary. If I get it right, awesome. If not, I look up the answer for myself and make a mental note of the word association between the question and answer.

If you don't have a study partner, it also works by doing it yourself, just not quite as well because you lose the surprise factor. Oh well. :/

3. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have exactly the same problem as you! I dont have final exams coming up though, maybe entrance exams in the summer which will be a key to even start university... But Im trying to think I shouldnt stress about something I dont have.

Anyway, as I was saying. My advise is dont try to study all day or all evening. Make a clear time table, that you decide "ok I'll study one hour now and after I can do something else for another hour" instead of trying to study two hours, while actually thinking about something else. And what I do, when I study during the day or evening - I revise everything when Im laying in bed just before I go to sleep. That has helped me a lot. Hope you might find some of this helpful :slight_smile:

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I study somewhere where not studying will make me feel guilty or result in me having nothing to do. I usually study at a library where studying is kind of mandatory; university and national libraries are great for that.

And try to get a study partner. Make sure they're productive, but fun. Study partners really help, especially when they're doing the same subjects that you study.

5. Yosia

I really cant self study, i have a really tiny attention span~ i pretty much rely on my teachers and friends to make me focus on work again, i struggle lots to do homework too and get told off a lot ^^

So i would say motivation is a little factor but i think my attention span is what stops me :3