1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introvert or Extrovert?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Skaros, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Take the quiz!

Self Tests by Psychology Today

I scored a 29 meaning I'm apparently an introvert. I like alone time and find it hard to hold a conversation. I do like spending time with close friends of mine, just as long as I don't have to meet new people. I tend to not be outgoing and prefer to work alone, as well as solve my own problems. I get offended quickly, but I keep my feelings to myself and typically don't share them to people. I find it exhausting to be in a large group of people, and get the need to relax alone afterwards. I have a lot of thought, but I rarely express them. How I act usually doesn't represent how I truly feel.

2. Simple Thoughts

I'm about to take the test, but I already know the answer is introvert ^^

I scored a 25

According to your results you appear to be the type of person who doesn't socialize often. You likely have a limited social network, and possibly aren't really interested in extending it beyond a few close and intimate friendships. Having an active social life apparently isn't the most important thing to you. Chances are that when the opportunity arises to socialize among a large group of people, you'll likely turn it down if possible. This doesn't necessarily mean you don't enjoy socializing or being around people. Rather, you generally prefer spending time with smaller groups of friends. Individuals who score similarly to you typically aren't conversation-starters, especially with people they aren't familiar with. In addition, they aren't known to be exceptionally outgoing, unless among close friends.

#2 Simple Thoughts, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  3. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I got a 26, so I'm firmly an introvert. Knew that before I took the test though.

4. Sociability: 5/100

I'm a social cripple.

5. BelleFromHell

I got 25.
    I'm very social anxious, so it's no shock that I'm an introvert.

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

According to your results you appear to be the type of person who doesn't socialize often. You likely have a limited social network, and possibly aren't really interested in extending it beyond a few close and intimate friendships. Having an active social life apparently isn't the most important thing to you. Chances are that when the opportunity arises to socialize among a large group of people, you'll likely turn it down if possible. This doesn't necessarily mean you don't enjoy socializing or being around people. Rather, you generally prefer spending time with smaller groups of friends. Individuals who score similarly to you typically aren't conversation-starters, especially with people they aren't familiar with. In addition, they aren't known to be exceptionally outgoing, unless among close friends.

Knew I was an introvert. One person thought I was an extrovert.

7. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I scored 45.

I guess I'm neither an introvert or an extrovert.

#7 imnotreallysure, Mar 2, 2014
  8. Sorceress of Az

I am an Introvert who hates being Introverted, wants more friends and feels so freaking lonely some times.

9. BelleFromHell

Amen to that, I hate being so lonely all the time. :frowning2:

10. animequeen567

11. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Sociability

That's not good...

12. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I got a 34.

Well, I definitely am an introvert. I spend a lot of time in deep thought and introspection, I think deeply about different issues, and I'm very self-conscious and self-aware.

But on the other hand, I'm not nearly as anti-social as my life might appear (and my answers to some of those questions might suggest), my social isolation is NOT a choice. My social anxiety is a major stumbling block in the way of the fact that I DO want and crave human social interaction. I like time by myself, but I'm not someone who can be happy just being by myself all the time, like schizotypal people.

13. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

According to your results you appear to be the type of person who enjoys socializing with both large and smaller, more intimate groups of people. You don't mind being around big crowds, but that doesn't mean you'll want to crash every party you're invited to. Having an active social life and extending your network of friends is relatively important to you, but it isn't the most crucial thing. You've managed to strike a great balance between actively involving yourself in your larger social network, and spending some quality time with a few intimate friends. Although you may not always be the conversation-starter or the "life of the party", you are generally a very outgoing individual, whether among friends or people you are less familiar with.

14. 85/100

According to your results you appear to be the type of person who enjoys socializing very often, especially with large groups of people ? the bigger, the better! You most likely have an extensive social network, and rarely, if ever, pass up the opportunity to expand it even further. Having an active social life appears extremely important to you, so chances are that when the opportunity to go out with "the gang" arises, you'll seldom turn it down. Individuals who score similarly to you enjoy interacting with a variety of people, regardless if they're friends or strangers. They are extremely people-oriented, are often described as the "life of the party" and tend to be exceptionally outgoing.

For me, I get very jittery if I'm alone. I hope if I commit a felony, I don't get solitary confinement LOL

15. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You're really the first extrovert to post on this thread. I'm surprised by the number of introverts and people in the middle.

16. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sociability = 55
    "According to your results you appear to be the type of person who enjoys socializing with both large and smaller, more intimate groups of people. You don't mind being around big crowds, but that doesn't mean you'll want to crash every party you're invited to. Having an active social life and extending your network of friends is relatively important to you, but it isn't the most crucial thing. You've managed to strike a great balance between actively involving yourself in your larger social network, and spending some quality time with a few intimate friends. Although you may not always be the conversation-starter or the "life of the party", you are generally a very outgoing individual, whether among friends or people you are less familiar with."

I need to ramble a bit. I'm an introvert. I could live in a library for a long time before I go insane. At times I've had to force myself to be outgoing. I'm nowhere near as extroverted as that test would think. I much prefer small groups to large groups. I enjoy other people in small doses. I work best alone and I almost never ask for help. I'll find my own answers through research and experimentation. Most people are terribly inefficient until I work up the courage to step in and fix things. I can endure concerts if I love the music enough. That means tons of people. I'm usually quiet. I make small talk sometimes because it makes me happy. When my topics come up I talk a lot. I break up fights between my friends. I almost always follow the rules. I like meeting new people as long as it doesn't get in the way of my work and hobbies.

Some people have trouble following my train of thought and maybe I'm not the best at expressing myself. I'm good with my hands though. I can build things without instructions and fix almost anything. I learn best by doing, even if you make a fool of yourself... you're trying and will probably get better. Have you heard of kaizen? That's how I treat a lot of things in my life. I hope this covers all the bases.

17. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a 45

18. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first time I took it, it said, 34, which I thought was bit low, where as the second time was 46, which seemed a bit high. I am guessing that I am somewhere in the middle around 40. I have my good days and bad, but overall, I am guess that I am about a 40.

19. BucKeTz

I'm an introvert, but here goes the test...

It's funny, because the persona I put on is sociable and easy to talk to, but the real me tends to enjoy being alone and avoids social situations

20. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I scored 28

"According to your results you appear to be the type of person who doesn't socialize often. You likely have a limited social network, and possibly aren't really interested in extending it beyond a few close and intimate friendships. Having an active social life apparently isn't the most important thing to you. Chances are that when the opportunity arises to socialize among a large group of people, you'll likely turn it down if possible. This doesn't necessarily mean you don't enjoy socializing or being around people. Rather, you generally prefer spending time with smaller groups of friends. Individuals who score similarly to you typically aren't conversation-starters, especially with people they aren't familiar with. In addition, they aren't known to be exceptionally outgoing, unless among close friends."

Somewhat accurate, I try to avoid social situations where possible. I'm comfortable around family but not overly so when among friends. I'm always the quiet one, no matter who I'm with, and I prefer my own company

#20 Ruby Dragon, Mar 2, 2014