1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flew my mom out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Alexander69

So I flew my mom out she is now staying at my house. She seems happy to see me we went to west van today I took her out to eat and then we did some furniture and art shopping for my home. I have to say it was weird because when she would say something like "oh I don't like that very much" I turned around an said "well it's my house right so.." And she just looked at me because she knows I'm right. I had her driven to the Toronto airport in a limo and she didn't even thank me though when she arrived in Vancouver when I picked her up i tried to kind of say like "oh how was the ride that I had arranged for you" it was good traffic was terrible and the weather was bad..... I'm like oooooh k.... I said "your welcome for the limo and the flight" and she said yes it was nice..... I don't know if she's depressed or just not thankful.... I'm not going to assume anything yet.

But other than that I'm beyond happy to have my mommy back home I missed her so much no matter what she's my mommy and I would do anything for her.

Tomorrow I want us to watch a movie at home together just some time together is what I think is best

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck, Alexander. You're being incredibly generous to her.

I think you're going to have a challenge with her because from everything you've said, she's got a very entitled, spoiled, and pretentious attitude, and I think that's reflected in the complete lack of appreciation for what you're doing for her. I do think that spending some time with just the two of you will be really helpful. And I think you're setting up good boundaries by choosing your own furniture and furnishings.

You may want to think about slowly, uh, scaling down her expectations. For example, having her take a car rather than a limo from the airport, not being extravagant in how you spend for her. I realize that may be hard because "not extravagant" to you looks very different than it does to the average person.

But unless you reset the expectations soon, she may come to expect that you'll be her meal ticket for life, and she really needs to be able to get on her own feet, get a job, and earn a living like anyone else in her situation would have to do. Otherwise, you'll create a situation that will be difficult for you to get out of... unless you don't mind footing the bill for her extravagances for the rest of her life, and at the same time, not even having her show much appreciation for it.

I would be shocked if she isn't depressed; from what you've said, much of her self-esteem was tied to her wealth, so with that gone, she probably doesn't view herself very highly. You might want to encourage her to go to therapy, and paying for that would be a wise investment for both her future and yours (assuming you could find a therapist that would actually do real work with her and not just tell her she's wonderful as she is.)

3. Alexander69

I will definitely look in to that more about the therapist. And I know I should have had a car I just wanted her to feel special again in a way I guess. But I am having to buy her a car so she can drive around because I won't have we driving my Bentley that's not happening it's mine. Ha I'm going to but her a Infiniti or an Acura I haven't really decided I don't want her to get used to me spoiling her like she is used to because like you said I don't want to be her bank account basically. But I also want her driving a safe vehicle as well. So I think that Acura and Infiniti is the best they are luxury car but not like high high end luxury vehicles.

As for her getting a Job I want her to but right now isn't the best time I think. And sadly and this bothers me.... But I'm certain she will go to the country club down the street and meet a guy and.... History will repeat its self I'm sure of it chip and it keeps crossing my mind and it makes me sad. And sort of disgusted I mean she will probably have another child just to get money from this guy. I don't know for certain I'm just assuming, because my brother and I are over 18 so that's why my dad has no obligation to pay her anything as well a the pre martial agreement they signed basically stating that if my mom had infidelities she would not get any money from him and if he had infidelities then my mom would get half, now this is where the lawyer comes in and why it's taking longer because they BOTH had infidelities so my mom an dad are not really keeping me informed as to what's going on here but it's complicated. I really want my father to give her fucking half if he ever actually LOVED my mom he wouldn't want to see her like this but he's a very stubborn man and it take him a long time to change his mind and usually a law suit.

And I don't want to take sides with my mom, or my dad it needs to be settled. And my brother hasn't done fuck all in this situation except to expect my father to do what ever he wants for him. My brother rarely calls me or anything it's disgusting.....

I'm calling my dad today because I need to ask for money so I can buy my mom her car..... I just don't know what excuse to use because I don't want him knowing she's with me.

Next week I'm going to visit him in LA he's flying me out he "wants to see me" ha there's a first daddyoooo! The least he can do is see his youngest son once and a while. He's still me father.

4. Alexander69

So I got my mom an Infiniti qx80 it's really big but it's a nice car it's more than I wanted to spend on the car but technically I own it not her so its my vehicle LOL. But my question would be does anyone have this vehicle? Is there anything I should know about it I've never had an Infiniti before so I'm just wondering if they are a good car reliable and comfy? It is really quiet and smooth it's luxurious as well so what are the cons? They said it was good on gas but I really know nothing about that so they could be lying my old range rover used soooo much gas?