1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a sap, apparently.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PurpleGrey, Mar 3, 2014.

1. PurpleGrey

Hey, evvies.

So I'm reading this book, "Absolutely, Positively Not", and I get to the part where... well, I don't want to spoil it, but it's a pretty important part.

So I finish the chapter, shut the book, and say to myself, that's it, I'm posting on ec.
    The point of which is, I've noticed that points in books and things that make me squee are things like a character coming out, or my favorite character meeting the perfect person, or really any part with an intense build up. Gotta make me like the character, or I won't give a crap.

And I notice this tendency, and I say to myself, my gawd! I am such a girl. Compared to the rest of my personality, it's pretty out of character.
    ...I can't remember the point of this thread...

Well, anyway, comment however you see fit, and we'll see where the thread goes.

P.S., I'm not sure where this thread was supposed to go, but I'm sure it'll be moved if necessary.

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's a mark of a good writer when they can get readers to react this way.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've read books that make me sit there and think oh... My... God... That made so much sense and moved me.

Actually video games do that sometimes, namely Persona 3 and the original Mass Effect.