1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Met with the leader of my campus's LGBTQ Center.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by phoenix89, Mar 3, 2014.

1. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the title states, I got to meet with the leader of my Campus's LGBTQ center. This meeting as been a week in the making, it was nice to finally get to meet with her. We talked about why I feel like I am confused, what is going on in my head, everything that I have been going through in the passed couple of weeks, and how all of this relates to my faith life.

It was a little nervous when I first started trying to talk with her, not because I do not trust her with this, because I do, it is just that I am still so confused on what I am doing and how it is going to affect me in the present as well as in the future. She asked if I was concern about this effects my faith life. When she asked, I explained that I do not view it as a sin, and that I am also a Universalist, as in the sense that I believe that all religions are in hence true in one way or another. I stated that I also believe that all pass lead to God. I do believe that there is some level of punishments for crimes that are committed in this life, but I do not believe that the punishment will last forever, and that the punishment will fit the crime.

The thing with viewing it not as a sin has now become tricky. It was fine when it with others, I did and not view it as a sin for others, but me I am not sure. I am now looking inwards instead of outwards, and that is becoming a struggle. I then discussed my religious upbringing and my current religious life. Surprisingly, she was baptized in the the same denomination that I was also baptized in. She also gave me contact information for different pastors in the area that I can talk to about it.

This gave me a lot to think about, but in a very good way. I am really glad that I got to with her and to get everything out, but this has been weighing on me for awhile.

Okay, wall of text is done, now it is time for TV.