1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showing affection in public

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XingSarangBi, Mar 4, 2014.

1. XingSarangBi

XingSarangBi Guest

Have you ever seen a homosexual couple kissing in public? or have you ever done that? or would you do that?

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, yes and yes. :grin:

3. KanayaMaryam

Never seen it, nor would I mind it. What they do is their business yo. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Seeing as how I have never had a relationship that wasn't online, I haven't, and I wouldn't probably because I am incredibly shy when I'm in a relationship. =P

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I see it quite a bit on campus, which isn't far from the "gay" part of town. Otherwise, at events like the county fair, you might see a couple or two if you're fairly attentive.

5. Lcfcfox

Nope, no and yes because it does not matter what other people think it is my life.

6. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Nope.

I don't like kissing a girl in public, I'm shy :icon_redf

7. Foster

I love public displays of affection as long as they aren't too overbearing. Would I kiss my girlfriend in a very public place? Yes. Would I make out with her in front of everyone? Maybe not, it makes me uncomfortable when others do that, so it be a contradiction for me to do so.

8. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never seen a LGBT couple kissing in public. :confused: Weird that I never have.
    And I have no fear of doing it in public. They can watch. :wink:

9. XingSarangBi

XingSarangBi Guest

Fascinating answers from everyone! :slight_smile: thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

10. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i've seen it a few times but not often. mostly i've seen my stepbrother do that in public with his boyfriend.

11. BelleFromHell

I don't have a girlfriend, but if I did and wanted to kiss her in public, I wouldn't give rat's ass what anyone else thought.

12. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

No, gay couples do not exist in Oklahoma, that's why every gay person is miserable here. I wouldn't care if someone was holding hands, I see straight couples do it all the time. And no, I have never shown anybody affection in public or private.

13. mermaid

Yes I have seen homosexuals kissing in public and I liked it.
    I have hold hands with and kissed my lovely girlfriend in public recently and I will do it again.
    (We are trying to be a little discreet taking in consideration that I still am married and not want my husband to get into tricky situations but yes I have)

14. EatYourRikkios

... *blinks* No, not really. I've seen friends kissing at a cast/birthday/whatever party, I've seen gay couples kissing at a club on Lesbian night, but just in general, wherever? No, I haven't.

Dear god, that's sad.

I haven't myself, but then, I don't really date. If I was I'd want to, and I'd like to think I would.

#14 EatYourRikkios, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  15. AlamoCity

Never seen kissing by a gay couple, though I recently saw at Target a man caressing his boyfriend's neck :slight_smile:.

I've never dated so I've never kissed in public (or anywhere) but I wouldn't mind kissing in public, though I'd be deathly afraid and shaking the first time around, or second.

16. TheUglyBarnacle

Pretty much this, unless the girlfriend was the one in disagreement with doing that. XD

17. Sorceress of Az

Personally no matter who the couple I don't like seeing two people make out in public.

However because my society is more accepting of straight couples doing it I would do it just to make a stand against bigots. Though I am single at the moment.

18. C P

C P

Nope, haven't seen it.

Nope, haven't dated/been in a relationship.

Well I haven't had that first kiss, so not sure whether I would or not publicly. I think I'd probably be shy with that kind of situation though...

19. Beetle

Yes I have, lots at a Gay Day at Six Flags New England, and in Provincetown, Mass., which is a big gay friendly town. But other than that, I don't see too many homosexuals and I think some are still afraid of showing affection in public. As someone who is only recently out, I'm afraid too. I'll break out of my shell eventually, but there's always that fear someone will hurt me.

I haven't been in a gay relationship yet, so I haven't shown any affection in public.

20. awesomeness

Seen it plenty of times. Never done it myself, but I would

But even straight guys are kinda affectionate with their friends here, so it wouldn't be a big deal