1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Telemarketers] PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kat22, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Kat22

I recently switched jobs (beyond the point) and I work for a survey research company. It's a lot like telemarketing, I'll admit, but I don't sell anything. I'm currently working on a project that gathers information on topics that are hot issues in the upcoming election in America.

If you are called to take a survey at any time this summer, PLEASE take the time to do it! There is a special section of my survey about gay marriage issues, and I have had a LOT of negative feedback. A lot of people, of course, hang up and never take the survey, but as far as my stats are concerned (i can't speak for everyone else at the company) from the people I've surveyed, Americans are not gay friendly, at all. We know this isn't true, so help change it! If you are too young to vote or take phone surveys, but your parents are supportive, encourage them to take the surveys. We need to start getting a better wrap!

Thanks guys! (&&&)

2. Jebs

People are probably so negative because they hate telemarketers.

3. Kat22

You would think so, but the ones that actually do take the survey are all really really willing. . .it's almost weird. lol

4. Beebo

I think I will set up a fake phone line, and call all my friends on it, posing as a telemarketer, and I'll ask them questions about gay rights and such. I know it's entrapment, but it would be nice to know what they really think... because honestly, most people I know are not gay friendly, although they will act that way around me.

But honestly... the results you are getting are probably accurate... it means: of the random people you call, those who take the survey are mostly not gay friendly.

#4 Beebo, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  5. Jebs

But they are friendly, or lonely, enough to take the survey... Interesting.

6. Kat22

LOL Omg-that is funny! If you actually do it, let me know how it goes!

What surprises me about the "accuracy" is that the responses I receive are ones that I would actually expect from my area, but we call people in a completely different area of the country. I'm not allowed to say where exactly, but it is VERY close to a VERY gay friendly area.

Hmm...never thought of it that way... I guess? ha ha

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually did something similar for several years. Rather than political polling, I worked for one to do market research for radio stations - we'd find people who listened to the radio regularly, have them listen to snippets over the phone, and tell us how much they liked the songs. I had my share of people screaming at me that they weren't interested in buying anything, and why did I call them during dinner, and didn't I respect their privacy, and wasn't this America, and....

...not many. But enough.

Lex