1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dyeing my hair

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by artist92, Mar 6, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All my life I have had dirty blonde/very dark blonde hair. Well last night I said I wanted a change so I got a dark brown color. I have NEVER dyed my hair before, and it looks good I think. I want to wear this for a while until I can get the courage to dye it black. I REAAAALLLLYYY want black hair, but I'm nervous what people will say about it. What I'm getting at is, I am going to work tomorrow and what should I say if anyone asks me about it? EDIT: I know I misspelled the title.

2. Straw_berry

I think dying your hair is just fine and if anybody asks why then just tell them you wanted a different look Nyu~ My hair is brown, and I'm thinking of dying it when it grows out Nyu~

3. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, I'll just do that. And now that my hair is dry, I REALLY like it. Were has this been all my life? :grin:

4. Nikky DoUrden

Its usually the other way around - people dye *to* blond :grin:
    And that's awesome, do w/e makes u feel comfortable yay

5. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My natural hair color is brown and am always fixated on dying it blond.

I have done it a few times and it is cool, until my brown starts coming in and it looks weird lol.

Now I have black hair with a red tint which i think is cute.

Now that I think about it. One time I dyed my hair blonde and was so pale I probably looked ridiculous. I went to work and had a regular customer actually look at me and giggled.

It did bother me and made me change my hair back to a more natural color for my complextion but I will say as long as you like it who cares what other people think.

I wish I had told myself that back then. Plus just because one person gives you grieve doesn't mean 10 other people aren't waiting to tell you how cute you are!!!!

Enjoy yourself :slight_smile:

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's fun to chnage your hair color! I have this odd idea that I wish I could invent: A pill you would take, and it would make your hair grow out in the color you wanted...no more off color roots! Maybe someday.

Mine is dark brown, almost black, and I have sometimes gone with jet black. I tried deep purple once, but it was so hard to get my hair light enough to dye, you could only really see it in the sun/bright light.

Have fin with this!

7. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go for it. Dyeing your hair from blonde to brown is a lot less troublesome than the opposite.

8. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. If I may toot my own horn, it actually looks really good on me. After this one fades in 6 weeks, I'm going for jet black. That's the one I wanted, but I though I would start with something a little less bold.

9. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i think that is awesome. good for you. i have dark brown hair so welcome to the brown hair club :slight_smile:

10. BelleFromHell

That's a great idea! (!)
    I also had dark blond hair (although now it's more of a chesnut color), and when I was twelve I started to dye my hair black. It was a huge pain in the ass to find black hair dye that didn't have a bunch of cancer causing chemical crap in it (ppd for example), so I've been letting my natural color come back. I think you'll have better luck than I did with dark brown, though. The chemicals usually aren't as bad, there's more of a selection, and it isn't as nerve-racking to use dark brown dye. You wouldn't believe all of the black colored stains on my towels... you should still be careful though. :astonished:

---------- Post added 6th Mar 2014 at 11:27 AM ----------

Dude, that idea is GENIUS. :eusa_danc

11. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks y'all for the advice. Everyone's reaction at work was good, so apparently I can pull it off. Yay!

12. sweetgayboy

sweetgayboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    straight guys at my school die there hair. Two have died there hair blonde a lot die there hair black actually. one died there hair brown. U should be fine.

13. Alexander69

I guess people want what they don't have I have dark brown hair and I get mine done dirty blonde haha.

14. Meagan

I think that the color you enjoy wearing the most is the color you look most natural in. I wanted red hair my entire life, and in the past year I finally dyed it and people ask me all that time if its my real hair color. Do what pleases you, you dont belong to everyone else!

15. Aelan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm fortune I was born with red hair as its my favorite color. Well that and dyeing my hair, as long as it is, is way too much damn work. :dry:

My girlfriend has gone through a few different colors though. She was born blonde but never really liked it. She's currently on deep black/brown. I don't really care about the hair though, I love her not her hair. :kiss:

I do remember this one period though, where she had a new color every other week for a bit. I don't remember all the colors but green, orange, and purple were in there. It was an interesting time.

16. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm doin it now. Going black. It what I wanted to do originally, but was just testing to make sure people were ok with me dying it at all.