1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cult?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tylerksub, Jul 14, 2008.

1. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

I was browsing YouTube all day listening to comedians when i cam across a video about this women and her Church. I consider myself an atheist but not someone who hates or thinks anything less about people who follow religion but i just don't feel that way. This family and the members of her church are known as the most hated family in America. After i saw this video i went searching for a longer interview and i found this. I think shes nuts and the video of the little girl singing in the first few mins made me genuinely angry that there are people out there that think that way. Has anyone heard of this person before and what do you think about her views? *She always has that grin that turns my gut*

:dry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Mta3zdavM&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPB1q77Has4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k2vlELfmnc&feature=related

I tried to post direct vids but it wouldn't work

#1 tylerksub, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2008
  2. Hoppip

Yeah, that's Westboro Baptist Church for you. They make my stomach churn.

I like that even English talk shows are nice~

God, British people are just so... proper. :3

3. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

He's cute too, what does the US have for talk show hosts? Ellen,Maury, Jerry Springer and Steve Wilkos, Sue Johansen "Talk Sex, such a sweet lady she is" when she was still on air but i don't think she was in the US. I watch too much daytime tv. Back on topic a little how can she and her church go to a funeral for a dead soldier and tell then they are all going to hell with no chance for salvation.

4. Blitzkrieg

These videos make me feel sick on the inside. To believe that there are actually people out there, like this; they are what's wrong with the world. I feel sorry for the children who have to grow up in that type of environment, which basically trains them to hate everyone but themselves. It's the perpetual hate from people like this that make others fear to be who they are. To say God is punishing people like the soldiers, and the students at Virginia Tech. by killing them for persecuting the Westboro Baptist Church, that's by far one of the most disheartening things I've heard.
    I'm throughly disgusted and saddened by their views.

5. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

I think those kids would hate everyone including themselves, I've read posts about suicide among the gay community and how many of them thought that their living was a sin and cant even imagine living in that environment witch i think the host mentioned in part 2. Glad a son got out of that place when he did, if it were me i'd try to get that little girl to go with him. If the government can take all the children away from polygamist groups i think they should find a way to take children away from this sort of place before it Becomes a Jonestown incident which i think it will become if something isnt done about them. *Does this make me hateful?*

6. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

OMG I effing hate them.

(THe old lady's accent is cute :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, sorry just had to say that)

7. Trumpetplyer23

What disturbs me the most about the WBC is that they call themselves a CHURCH?! A place of religion and love. They spread hate and fear all around the world, but they're still considered a church?!

They blame the gay community for whatever and just expect that to be okay. I don't get how people actually join up!

8. pirateninja

They are sadly indoctrinated by Fred "Gramps" Phelps, because his family are the only people he could convince of such hatred. They are down the road to self-destruction, and at the moment, they are doing nothing more than actually making people question whether we are that bad. People would rather support gays than support them.

Hoorah.

My thoughts on the WBC can be viewed in my blog.

9. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I just feel very sorry fo them. One day those young women are going to end killing themselves or something if they don't get out.

10. InaRut

We do have to admit. They have really nice signs :slight_smile: At least....

11. Trumpetplyer23

Wait, I just re-watched the first one. Isn't that some ill-concieved spoof of "We Are The World"?

For those who don't know, "We Are The World" was a song written by Lionel Ritchie and Micheal Jackson and sung by USA for Africa, to help raise money to donate to Africa to help fight famine and other disasters.

That's just sickening, that they did that, that they took a song that was meant to raise money for STARVING CHILDREN and used it to promote their message of HATE. Excuse me while I go throw up and flush my head down the toliet.

12. iNinjaTeddyBear

Yeah i remembering seeing them on the news for protesting at a dead soldiers funeral a long time ago. I just don't get it...

13. Fiorino

She's the antichrist.
    Look at her head, she looks like a snake
    or something.

14. Beebo

Hating them for hating you is so counter-productive.

Listen to Yoda.

15. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

i would love to be driving down the road and stuff when people are doing that!! I would be on the other side of the street with God Loves Signs!

16. haha I want to do that now!! I'll join ya lol

we should set up our own church...I mean everyones making their own demonination or something...all the cool kids are doing it xD

I like it when Jeremy Kyle gets people like this on his shows, it mean that when he's being mean to them etc its twice as justified.

These people make me sad, although I have to say, how can they claim to be right if theres what? 70 of them? against millions of people in the world who disagree with them? They're fighting a losing battle. They've gone way too far "you're all gonna burn in hell". I'm sure Jesus had somethings to say about being nice to everyone and everything. something like 'only the pure inheriting the kingdom of God' ? ...they won't be going to heaven either... :bang:

...In the second video when he said he had gay friends and he was proud of having gay friends, I actually got a bit teary for some reason.

HOW DARE SHE SAY "You don't love those people!" I knew she was a loony etc but I never knew they all had psychic abilities...Does she know something he doesn't?

#16 photosaurusrex, Jul 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2008
  17. Kizen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, it was great.
    I was in the Pride parade in Altanta, and there were some "Jesus is the only way" guys there.

They caught so much hell. XD

18. I don't see why anyone would bother going to a pride to do that, they are going to be so outnumbered and people there are either gay or straight people who want to share thier pride for gay people (if that made sense there...?) and a there will be religous people who are gay who will just say "I know my bible and I know what it says, and it's fine with me as a person"

It's just a massive STFU to the homophobes!

19. Adrian

Adrian Guest

WTF? You people think Jeremy Kyle is nice?!?

Dudes, get a grip, he's like the horriblest chat show guy in the UK.

20. TheSuburbian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    omg, those videos made me cry, it's awful! I hate those people!