1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT support groups

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hinsegin, Mar 7, 2014.

1. hinsegin

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I made a post similar to this last week but I need some advice again. I went to an LGBT group for the first time last week and it was fun, but I don't know if I should go back this week. There are a lot of really cool people my age I would love to be friends with, but I was really quiet and said nothing the whole time. Would it be strange for me to go back? Or would it be rude if I didn't? Should I just go every week? Last time my counselor went with me this time I'll be alone. What should I do?

2. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    just think of topics u can discuss nd have fun :slight_smile:

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Support groups are there to help people when they need it. It's not like an exclusive 'members club' where you have to do EVERYTHING or people will think you're weird, and it certainly isn't somewhere you will be judged for being quiet!

Remember every single person in that room went there for the first time once and would have been nervous too! For most people, support groups can be the first time they've ever actually spoken to people who are going through the same things, nobody expects you to find it easy!

Go back if you want and try and feel comfortable :slight_smile: