1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Highschool in 5 months.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BronzeElf, Mar 7, 2014.

1. BronzeElf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Everyone's lives look so figured out. (Even though I'm only in 8th grade)

Everyone's found their image.
    Everyone has a boyfriend/girlfriend of the opposite sex.
    Everyone looks way better than me.

I don't get it.

This is what happens when I watch Glee, I seriously need to stop.
    but their lives are so great! (even though they're minorities)

Highschool sounds so cool and mature but I have no image to myself. I have nothing. I wear a tee-shirt and jeans on a daily basis. I am 180lbs but pretty tall so most people say that I look nothing like my weight. I have long wavy hair that I can do nothing with.

While all these people look great by just waking up in the morning.

Idk, being a teenager sucks is basically my point.
    ~Anyone else going through the same thing or have gone through the same thing in the past?

2. ChameleonSoul

Believe me, you still have a LONG time before you have to worry about that. I was in your position 3 years ago, asking the same questions, but by the time that you step into 9th grade, you tend to realize that everyone has a long time before they can truly say that their lives are "so figured out". High school, and even into college, is the time where people truly find themselves in the world and what they want to do with their lives. If you told me at your age where I would be now compared to what I pictured myself to be, I wouldn't believe you for one second! For many people in middle school, the person they pictured themselves to be in ten years and the person they become is completely different. The average life expectancy in the U.S. is 79 years old. You have plenty of years to figure yourself out.

P.S: Everyone thinks that those around them are better looking, especially at 13.

#2 ChameleonSoul, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  3. Projectfabulous

Thats really a lot of what I felt in 8th Grade and my 9th grade year. High school is a time to find whom you are, or at least start exploring into that. 10th grade is when I personally started accepting myself and realizing my horrible character flaws, and 11th grade is probably where i started expressing myself more with both fashion and personality wise and becoming comfortable with myself in almost all aspects.

The point of what I'm saying is that you're still young; you have PLENTY of time to figure these things out and you shouldn't beat yourself up about not knowing/understanding. While it may feel like you have no clue and you're lost, it'll all come to you. Many of my other friends have slowly changed and somewhat plateaued in the sense that they found what they themselves meant to them. Like i said before, It's a time to explore and learn about others and yourself. You'll probably find new interests, maybe lose some old ones. You'll start to recognize that you yourself has a niche that no one else can fill and you do a lot more than you think. I know it sounds super cliché, but you're unique and special and don't forget it :slight_smile:

I hope that helps! (and if you ever want to talk about anything, you can talk to me :grin: )

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't let high schoolers fool you. They may appear to have it all in order, and some of them may. But most of them are newborn deer: wide-eyed, ignorant, and terrified. The ways of coping with that uncertainty sometimes manifest themselves in negative ways. Oh yeah, and Glee isn't real life lol.

BTW, I'm pretty sure most everybody is unhappy with how they look at 13. I know I was. Finishing puberty does wonders. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You know, you should consider yourself extremely blessed that you feel insecure now that I think about it. I felt like I was a pretty cool guy in eighth grade. but a number of years later, I was like, "Wow I was a dumb little f*** and I'm sorry for myself and the others I harmed." The fact that you don't have to go through that denial while figuring out the path you want to take in life puts you at a distinct advantage. A little timely Socratic philosophy for you: the wisest teenager is the one who realizes he is not wise.

#4 Argentwing, Mar 7, 2014
  5. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

As an 11th grader I can assure you I am a moron. Along with all my friends. We're all just hooligans who really don't know anything. High schoolers are middle schoolers with a lot more responsibilities. Trust me, every 8th grader thinks they are cool shit until they get to be a little ninth grader.

All your peers who think they've got a cool BF or GF, and think they have style and are tough. They aren't. I used to be that 8th grader who thought it was cool to be top dogs of middle school.

Don't sweat it, your first year of highschool can be really enjoyable if you don't have a cocky attitude. That's what gets a lot on ninth graders in trouble, thinking they can give a senior crap. Seniors just don't care. The majority are adults and have three years of experience with the stupid school situations, oh and no respect for teachers. Even as an 11th grader I refuse to mess with the witchcraft that is a non-caring senior.

When I was a ninth grader other ninth graders pissed me off because of their blatant ignorance. Thinking high school is going to be a breeze and that teachers will fix every little problem they have.

gLee, it's a TV show. When I was in pre middle school (4th-5th) I watched "Ned's Declassified school survival guide" on Nickelodeon, and remembered going "They're so cool, they have everything figured out". And from the episodes i have watched of gLee, it's sorta the same thing.

Highschool is chaos for everyone. New terrain. A lot of the people who have it all in Middle school have zip in High school. Because it's so different.

ALSO, puberty. No one is happy going through that, but most ninth graders are like just coming out of it and look a bit awkward. My friends and I were really child-like and then after the first summer there was a physical maturity that took place.

And trust me, walking into highschool with a GF or BF already isn't "mature". It's sorta laughed at. Middle school dating is like "Oh so you've held hands, wow, such fire and passion". A lot of people date in Highschool though. I got my girl first month of sophomore year, and still have her.

You got nothing to worry 'bout. :wink:

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh. The problem with middle school dating (and freshman + sophomore dating at that rate) is that you don't have cars, and most likely don't have jobs either. It sort of puts a damper on things if you have to arrange for parents to give you money and cart you around.

That's sort of why I like Degrassi. The show glosses over transportation issues (everything's in walking/biking/chauffeur for Holly J distance?), and the characters are realistic in that they all have big problems and in their ignorance/panic, they flail around and usually make things worse. I try to forget that they are all un-realistically beautiful XD.

#6 Argentwing, Mar 7, 2014
  7. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Trust me, they're not. At all.

No, they haven't.

In-school romances? Doesn't even matter.

Everybody thinks this at some point.

Well, it's not. It's the same as middle school. The only difference is everyone is older and there's usually more people to mix up the old 'cliques'. There's nothing to be worried about.

And what's wrong with that? There's nothing mentioned here that says anything about you as a person. The only thing that matters.

lol. Yeah, right. All cruddy eyed and looking a mess. The only time people wake up and look good is in front of camera, after make-up artists have attended to them, in Hollywood, after they've been awake for 8 hours.

Now is the time for you to get an education and just enjoy your youth. Don't worry about the immaterial. You'll figure everything out in time. You'll get out of high school and realize, as real life starts, that these worries were so pointless. Then, you'll laugh. No really, you will.

8. Emberblaze

"Everyone has everything figured out" :roflmao:

No. They don't. They just THINK they do because they're still in 8th grade. Generally, life hasn't even started for them yet. Cool they have a girlfriend/boyfriend and they have "stylish" clothes (i use quotes because style is a very malleable term), but that doesn't mean they have anything figured out.

Man, don't WORRY about those other people. I promise you, if you spend your entire high school career trying to be like everyone else, then you will not develop your own sense of self. You'll be like a mirror desperately trying to fit in.

Be YOU. I don't care if that YOU is a seemingly boring person because there's nothing extra curricular going on in your life. All those people you see that have jobs or are in all of these clubs, and yadda yadda, that's great, but that's THEIR lives.

Trust me, you can't AFFORD to worry about everyone else's life. This is the time when you need to focus on what YOU want out of life. This is the time when you shape YOUR world. If you want something, you set a goal and you set out to obtain it and don't let ANYONE tell you you can't.

Trust me, I'm a senior and I didn't realize my mistakes until a few months ago. I realized that everyone that was so laid back and everyone that was indulging in their clubs and their jobs, well, that was just THAT. THEY didn't even know what they wanted to do after high school, and I'd spent my whole High School time envying them because I thought they had it all figured out.

So DO NOT base your high school year off of other people's lives. Because you wont know how lost they truly are until its too late and you're just as lost as they are.

And don't forget to have fun :thumbsup:

9. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Good post ^^

10. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is my last year in high school and I can tell you that it was the most boring and stupid time of my life. Yup, people have boyfriends and girlfriends, but they can't keep them for more than 2 months, so what's the point? Few people really have it figured out, also. We need to make our inscriptions for college and most of my class decided in which program they wanted to be one month, or even week, before the limit. How many of them will switch programs after that? Most teens are pretty confused themselves so don't feel like you should have everything figured out already. Few people actually do. Give yourself time to find yourself.