1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Say something AFFIRMING about some posters' posting style!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tightrope, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the biggest barometer of what someone here is like is their posting style - what they say, how they say it, and how they come across. Name some members and say what you LIKE about their posting style. It should be affirming and positive, or this thread ain't gonna work!

So then:

Choirboy - cool, calm, and collected but shows that, like everyone else, he has had his concerns and quandaries in life
    greatwhale - philosophical and deep, but also practical and humorous as the need arises
    biggayguy - has seen a lot of different life situations and is willing to talk about them while keeping a good perspective on everything
    AwesomeGaytheist - how can one not like his honesty? Speaks through his heart.
    AlamoCity - very mature and looks at things from so many viewpoints for his age, but still has fun and can be funny
    Rakkaus - not afraid to express himself and present his perspective, even if it's not in line with what others think or feel
    HuskyPup - very much his own person who speaks his mind
    Gen - deep and practical, so that posts make you think ... and think
    Resu - balances being an academic with humor in telling us how he processes things as he goes about his daily life and what he comes across

I'll think of others along the way.

Your turn ...

2. Munyal

Foxface, for always thinking and reaching out
    Rareva, for having one of the best threads I've seen on this site. An excellent storyteller. If you haven't already, look him up.
    I can't think of more right now

3. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    MrAllMonday: Wasn't afraid to offend or befriend. He said what he thought and he made it funny. Where is he now? Hmm.
    Aussie792: Very eloquent, but doesn't use walls of text. When he's not in the middle of a debate, he's more casual.
    Data: A fellow gay conservative. Quite the gentleman. If I didn't like it so much, I'd even be willing to give him my username.
    ElliaOtaku: Holly is a very friendly person who always has sound advice about gender, and she's always upbeat and cheerful.
    Simple Thoughts: Blake's posts are pretty relaxed. His posts are simple and to the point.
    Tightrope: Always tries to look at every point of view, which is an admirable trait. Also, this thread is awesome.
    Like that?

#3 An Gentleman, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Foxface: For being insightful, incredibly loving and sweet. He's a person I can make myself vulnerable for and not fear he will hurt me. I always feel taken care of when he's around.

Aldrick: For being articulate, and the two of us share a more radical political view about being queer that positions homophobia within the umbrella of sexism.

Spatula: For not brooking any shit on bisexual or trans issues.

Rakkaus: Even though I disagree with some of his liberal positions, he prods us to remember that whether we like it or not, as LGBT folks, we are politicized, and we have to care about what's going on. He's very joyful about being gay, and I think that is a good thing to have radiating off of a member for all the people who are still ashamed, don't want to be gay, or would love to take the blue pill

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    greatwhale and Tightrope: both like father figures to me, as my biological one is too busy dicking around...:dry:
    SemiCharmedLife/The ECer Formerly Known as biwinning: You're my EC big brother. He's a great friend with a decent sense of humor.
    Data: We share life stories, but we've made a contract that says we will never talk politics.
    Paradox15: He's my EC little brother and my sort-of debate partner, as if you're going to have a debate you have to have two conflicting opinions.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ridiculous: For responding well to health threads, and for not being afraid to question some liberal democratic sacred cows when said cows shit on compasssion.

7. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aldrick -- I don't remember exactly which thread this was in (it was an older one), but there was this guy who thought he was straight and had a gay roommate. Over the course of the next few months they fell in love with each other and developed a strong relationship. I remember noticing how thorough and understanding your sometimes epic posts were. I think you really helped him come to terms with his situation.

TJ -- You are an extremely positive, enthusiastic person who provides fantastic advice and writes well. You seem like you have a lot of fun and are genuinely happy -- that can be infectious.

justin25 -- It has been an absolute pleasure chatting with you through your wall (and sometimes mine :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) for the past month or so. I'm glad you decided to say hi. :slight_smile:

casper -- You're pretty new, but you've made a positive first impression. I loved some of the responses you made in that anonymous thread where the guy's in love with his friend (though I guess that doesn't narrow down the list of threads down a whole lot on here). Very supportive and cute; too bad he was anonymous so you couldn't chat. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Gort -- You don't post all that often, but you took the time search for my created thread, which had been buried for over a month, and bumped it back to the top with a beautiful response. I really appreciated that.

8. apostrophied

EliaOtaku: common sense in a can. I agree with her advice about 80-90% of the time, which I can't say is the case with many people.

Chip: a walking, typing, psychology encyclopedia. A fair bit of common sense, too.

Foxface: always there for advice, knows quite a bit about the world of clinical psychology.

Can't think of anyone else atm, but there are more.

9. AlamoCity

Tightrope-very interesting character that adds a lot of insight and is aware that you shouldn't live your life to please anyone.

SemiCharmedLife- Snarky little fella with a great sense of humor.

AwesomeGaytheist- Intelligent guy who shares his life's experiences and helps us see the world through a different lens.

Data- Love his knowledge of guns and other guy toys (i.e. cars, get your head out of the gutter :lol:slight_smile:.

Aussie792-Wise beyond his years who posts well-thought-out responses; a little too left for my comfort, but an excellent poster nonetheless.

Rakkaus- Love your psephological and political posts, even if I don't agree with them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

And many more great ECers...

10. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aldrick: Helps remind us why we're fighting for what we're fighting for with some of the most logical posts I've seen.

Pret Allez: Helps me see in a different light.

Sarcastic Luck: The sheer sarcasm in nearly every one of his posts makes my day.

Rakkaus: Already been said, but the passion in Rakkaus's posts is incredible.

Foxface: For his psychological posts.

Gen: The amount of humanity in this person could really be spread through the rest of the world, and it just might end world hunger without a problem.

Tightrope: Definitely the spokesperson on EC, especially on the topic of pride. Never backs down against those who are against him.

AlamoCity: Another "different lens" user, but this lens comes from the religious background.

Paradox15: The perfect mediator of the forum.

Martin: Any Elton John song can describe one of his posts to the tee.

---------- Post added 7th Mar 2014 at 10:10 PM ----------

Hexagon: Never fails to stand up for his gender or expression thereof. Always very supportive of trans* members who really need help.

Kasey: Fantastic friend and yet another trans* member who will offer advice wherever possible.

#10 Jinkies, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  11. Emulator

Tightrope - Interesting points of view.

Munyal - Good ideas. Encouraging tone, as well.

An Gentleman - Cool, calm tone... sensational.

Pret Allez - Stand firm by your views. And strong-willed.

AwesomGaytheist - Regular contributor, can turn a thread around.

mbanema - You always seem cheerful. And you encourage many.

apostrophied - Humorous points. In the midst of that, you have a sympathetic tone as well.

AlamoCity - Animated, imaginative

Ryuichi - Articulate, good points in each post.

More to come. :slight_smile:

12. Hexagon

Pret Allez - She reminds me to stand up and fight

13. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Foxface: sweet, insightfull, willing to help others. His writing is sort of soothing and uplifting.

---------- Post added 8th Mar 2014 at 03:23 AM ----------

ElliaOtaku: insightful and very friendly-vibe, upbeat. Probably a person that makes a good bestfriend.

14. Emulator

Hexagon - Insightful, and a strong fighter for what you believe is right.

Straight ally - Supportive and gives great advice.

15. Simple Thoughts

Hexagon - Always has something politically charged to say that I can't help, but completely agree with ^^

Huskypup - You are probably the main source of all my lol's on this site. Please continue to make jokes because you're pretty funny :3

Kasey - Cool, collected, witty. You always either have something completely insightful to say, always have an opinion, or are just an absolute delight to chat with about nothing ^^

ElliaOtaku - You are still the reigning Queen of the lol's until someone cast you from your throne ^^

Africanboy - You make me smile, and let me be mean to myself when I'm venting but never let me walk away from the conversation with negative thoughts about myself :3

16. robclem21

Chip - Always takes the time to respond at length with great information, sensitivity, and compassion, and never loses any of those 3 when dishing out "though love"

Ridiculous - Seconded on the great health and nutrition advice. Posts are well organized and very easy to read and enjoy.

Greatwhale - tons of wisdom and always has great advice. Very calm demeanour and brings a very relaxing energy to any thread.

17. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great idea for a thread, Tightrope!

AKTodd: for his willingness to share his experience in his long-term relationship and steadfast and comprehensive common sense

Dragonbait: for her humour, and humanity

Rose: Dancing bananas, of course! And her vulnerability.

Tightrope: for this wonderful thread, for his cool style and the experience he brings to this forum

Chip: For taking on the hard discussions and backing them up with research

Awesomgaytheist: for his willingness to share his struggles and his joy

Eliaotaku: for being there always with tons of good advice

Rarareva: for the most heartening story of love and acceptance

...so many more...

18. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A thread to express my raging jealously over the wisdom, intelligence and other stuff the that members display? Perfect! Nah, I'm happy being my strange self. I'll try to resist a joke about circles.

An Gentleman - I wish I was half as wise as you when I was younger
    Chip - Is it possible to contain that much INT and WIS in one brain?
    drwinchester - You remind me of when I was a little younger... only with more WIS and putting up with more stuff than I did
    EliaOtaku - Exactly what apostrophied said and you have insane WIS
    Foxface - I could say I'm jealous of that INT score and you were brave enough to post a difficult question
    gravechild - I wish I typed half as eloquently as you do
    greatwhale - Thanks for sharing that WIS with everyone
    Kasey - I hope I'm half as cool as you when I'm older and by that I mean increase my INT and WIS scores
    malestrom - You're hilarious, I literally laughed out loud more than once
    Nick07 - I wish I had half of the WIS score that you appear to possess
    Simple Thoughts - You're down to earth
    Straight ally - I can tell you're not after validation. You really are supportive

I ain't saying anyone here is lacking in INT and/or WIS - I'm merely mentioning what stood out to me. Take the praise and be happy with it, dammit. No particular order either; actually I made it alphabetical with The Alphabetizer puts any list in alphabetical order...and much more!
    Also to all the mods; thank you for your time and work.
    This weirdo that shares a birthday with arguably the most evil man in history (not the best way to introduce yourself at college)... has praised y'all. I never returned a library book late xD

19. apostrophied

I also like Ettina. She sounds smart.

20. tscott

HuskyPup - I love his playfulness and sense of humor...there is no one I enjoy having my wishes corrupted by more or corrupting his...even when things look bad, he can make me smile...HuskyPup also is rather insightful on the more serious forums :grin: