1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you make the friending of people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Valkyrimon, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seriously, how do you make friends? I always feel like whenever I make a new friend, they're being a complete jackass and bullying me a few months later. How do you make proper good friends?

2. Nicholas1991

Its SO hard to make good friends, im so socially awkward. i have the same problem (*hug*) ill be your friend :slight_smile:

3. Emulator

I don't have a definite answer to that...but sometimes good friends find you :slight_smile:

From my experience, they come and go. Some of them leech off me... but maybe being somewhat alike in thoughts, beliefs, etc will have a better base for a long-lasting friendship.

4. luckrunningout7

Usually, talk to them and if they don't, hate me, and i dont hate them i hang out w/ them... wierd huh?

5. Yosia

What are friends?? XD

i really really struggle to make friends and only have a few really good friends~ im really bad social so i find it hard >.<

6. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Friending and dating are both similar to fishing. You cannot spot a fish, and then pursue it and catch it. No, you have to go to a spot and be there and wait. Ideally you have to go to a good spot(somewhere comfortable for you, where people are more open to make friend/date) with many healthy fishes(people who are emotionally and mentally healthy).

Also is good to have a good fishing equipment (having a nice personality, the good thing is that you can always reduce your flaws and issues and become a better version of yourself) and ideally great fishing skills (your abilities to socialize/date, this too can be developed, and you can practice it, going throught baby steps).

In dating/friending you cannot force-friend/date someone, but you can increase your chances of a friendship/date happening.

I recommend:

Going to any activity, course or workshop related to any hobby you have. There you will meet people with similar interest to you, in a place where you and them feel comfortable.

Playing the number games: interact wiht as many people as you can. this increase your chances of something happening.

people you will probably never see again:we often avoid people we dont know. But the great thing about this people is that many of them when you spot them, is probably the last time in your life you are going to see that person, so is good idea to approach that person and talk with that person. The worst that can happen, you say something stupid and the person walk away and you never get to see this person, so no major impact. The best scenario could be a good friendship/great date. So you either tie or you win... Actually you always win, cause rejection gives you experience.

Also, people you will never see again, is a great opportunity to try different ways of approaching people, so you can get to see how people react to it. No major consequences, only an possible awkard minute or even seconds.

---------- Post added 8th Mar 2014 at 03:43 AM ----------

Of course the last one requires much courage, but it can be done.

7. Au.Quicksilver

I just join conversations. I annoy people and sometimes make good friends.

8. LKaeleon

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm really into gaming, so I meet loads of new friends online all the time.. Some are friendly and worth keeping and some are just really ignorant and ignore most of your messages.. If you're socially awkward, it doesn't really go through online.. and once you get to know someone, you'll find that they can look past it :3

9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Legitimate question. It's not easy. I have not made many new friends who didn't have ulterior motives of one type or another as time has marched forward into adulthood. I have made acquaintances after that. My real friends were acquired from grade school through grad school, and I've hung on to a handful from that batch. Those are my friends. Not only that, I don't try that hard. I find it's not worth it when I think about it. Also, ardently trying to make friends is not a good thing. It happens when you're not trying.

10. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I want to know it me too.

11. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    THanks for all the advice everyone! I'd be honoured to be friends with y'all XD

12. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm terrible at making friends. I tend to get "acquaintance zoned" real easy, and nothing progresses further...