1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair Dye Disasters?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tim, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

Anyone ever have hair dye disasters, in which your hair completely took to the dye different then expected, or it did as expected, you just weren't ready for the outcome?

In 8th grade, my mom dyed my hair blond, as she wanted to see me with blond hair. Anyways, A family friend did the dyeing. I was at her house and we started playing a board game (can't remember what), anyways, she was supposed to remind me to take it out. Needless to say, we got distracted, and it was in a hour or 2 after it was supposed to (I'm just lucky my hair didn't fall out + Die...) Anyways, I get home, wash it out and go to bed without looking at my hair. I wake up, get dressed and go downstairs and my mom just stops in her tracks. I ask what's wrong and she grabs the mirror from the wall and shows me. My hair turned almost neon orange. >_> Lots and lots of teasing pursued LOL

Anyways, The reason I thought about it, is I woke up today and my sister asked if I wanted to dye my hair black, I said ok. (I'm ~45% Native American, so if genetics take over, it will eventually turn black anyways) I get it done, and as she's doing it, I notice blue dye, she says there's black and really dark blue dye. I said ok... and she uses both of them <_< So it's done, I wash my hair, and dry it, get to my room, put on clothes and come downstairs, my mom is shocked, "It's... DARK!" XD I was like, "It's black hair dye... how did you not expect it to be dark?" so yea lol. I look in the mirror, and it's black. I turn on the light and BOOM! Immediately in my head "OH MY GOD! I LOOK LIKE A MALE SAILOR MERCURY!" XD My hair is oddly some bright blue, for it being a black blue hair dye o.o (The color ami's hair is in the anime, not the live action) But I like it =P

So, anyone have any hair dye disasters in their life? =P

2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This thread makes me very glad I don't use hair coloring. I like my hair color just as it is, and I could never let someone put dye in my hair just because they wanted to see me with a different hair color. They can try to imagine it or they can shop an old picture of me, nothing else.

3. Chris

i'm with him!^

4. revolutionrock

I blonded my hair and it turned a gruesome orange and FREAKED ME OUT.

So I dyed it back brown. Well, it actually turned out sort of red. Then it faded and I had to dye it again. That time I left it on too long and now it's black. Whatev.

I'm done with artificial hair color, I think. I might try blonding again, but other than that, nahhh.

5. I remember, i was about 13 and decided to dye the underneath section of my hair blue, got the dye and asked my mum to do it. No problems there, we followed the instructions to the letter and as we were washing off the dye, none of it actually stayed in my hair, my hair actually turned a rather unfetching shade of banana yellow with two turquoise patches. Lovely. But we waited for the turquoise to fade and tried to dye the bottom purple and it turned flamingo pink, not the effect i had originally planned, but it looked ace and i kept that look for about a year and a half lol.

6. Jebs

Well... When I had a mohawk back in my day, I dyed my hair black and streaked fuschia through the tips. Err, atleast thats what the plan was. Somehow my hair just bleached in patches.. I never understood this. Since then I have just kept my hair dirty blonde. Besides I think I look sexier this way.

7. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I can't really dye my hair at all... When my friends tried it, it just didn't show up. My hair's naturally black, and the only way I can actually dye it successfully is if I bleach it, and I don't really want to risk that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Trumpetplyer23

My mom almost dyed her hair orange one time a few years ago. She wouldn't go out of the house unless she had it pinned up or she was wearing a hat.

I've only ever dyed my hair once, and it turned out great :grin:

9. sexyalex

lmao a male version to sailor Mercury. wooooot! that's a really good thing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    :lol: cuz she is hot! and she is one of my favourite sailor scouts....no Neptune is...

but anyways.

i never had any. Never dyed my hair before. But i am going to.

10. iNinjaTeddyBear

Never did, never will.

11. Quitex

Quitex Guest

I tried to dye my hair like cinnamon brown, it didn't worked :frowning2:

12. jazzrawr

Oh dear...
    I dyed my hair COMPLETELY bright purple once.
    It was...interesting...XD
    It lasted about 3 months, (it was just the wash-out stuff)
    And i looked like a grape popsicle. XD
    But now I know...
    NO MORE HAIR DYE. XD

13. musicXowl

thats why i dont dye my hair. i know some how it would get screwed up!

14. interstella

I kinda want to get blonde streaks in my hair. I've used a coloured hair spray once, but it came out in the shower.

15. Helen

Helen Guest

I've had dark red highlights put in several times, which look pretty awesome at the moment ^_^

There have been periods during the months of fading when I look like I have ginger streaks in my hair, which doesn't really go with the original dark brown, but ah well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. HalfInsane

My friend just got her hair professionally dyed yesterday, and I was there... let me tell you, it was awful. It's been fixed now, and she says it looks a lot better (I have yet to see it myself). I guess the thing to keep in mind would be that even if you do get your hair done professionally, you want to be really clear on what it is you want done, and make sure the person knows what they're doing. xD

I'm kinda tempted at the moment to get red streaks in my bottom layer of hair though lol. I saw someone with it on tv and she had the same blonde hair as me and it looked cool.

17. agraves

My hair also turned a bright blue when I dyed it black. I love it though. I originally tried to dye it purple but the color wouldn't stick to my hair. Then I dyed it a burgandy color which turned it purple like I had wanted originally. Unfortunately, my hair wouldn't hold that color either and washed out in a couple weeks. I recently went to black and it's coming out too but not as badly. It's a good thing I keep my hair short, I won't have to wait long for the color to grow out and I can recolor it. I think it's washing out because I bleached it first. I have no clue though.

18. Blitzkrieg

I've never dyed my hair before... I like my hair. :slight_smile:
    I went with my friend recently to get her hair done at this really expensive salon which from what I've heard does especially well with hair treatments. She chose a light blond she wanted and apparently dying hair takes forever because she was in that chair for what seemed like an eternity, when all was done my old brunette friend had got herself some not blond, but white hair. It was hilarious I couldn't keep from laughing, her hair was that of the elderly. But to say she wasn't pleased would be an understatement. So they came to a compromise with them redoing the hair color in a few weeks (because I guess the hair needs a break in between dyeings or something?) to the blond she wanted. As for now she's rockin that white hair like every other grandma on the street. hehehe :grin:

19. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    every year my xc ski team dyes our hair for sectionals. its like the championship thing but for some reason i let this girl that messes up everything do mine. the goal is to have our hair look crazy so it didnt really matter that it turned out crazy bc everyone else looked like it. i wanted my hair blue so she bleached my hair yellow first then blue then when i washed my hair it turned back brown with yellow streaks in it lol. then she attempted to fix it and put more bleach in my hair so it turned green. then after that she accidently put red in bc she grabbed the wrong bottle so i ended up with half green half yellow because she ran out of green dye. :dry: im never letting her dye my hair again lol

20. Double Dubya

One time I was painting our deck, and the wind blew the paint tray over, and it all landed on my head:tantrum:. Yay, white paint on a black head of hair. After a bath in paint-thinner:eek:, we tried dying my hair back to my natural color, but it just kept turning gray.