1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atichrist?!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brett, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Brett

While listening to my aunt the other day at dinner, I realised that she and my parents seem to think that Barrack Obama is the antichrist! At first I just thought that they were being racist, but as I thought about it, it seems more and more plausible.......
    For those of you that don't know, the antichrist is supposedly going to bring about the appocalypse through politics. His coming will be signaled by a treaty in the middle east along with a bunch of other random happenings. (mountains of fire falling down, meteor, plauge, etc.)
    And according to the Mayan calendar December 12, 2012 is the appocalypse, and that's within his term........so I'm a little confused on what to think here.
    Any oppinions on or answers to my little rant are welcome!

Thanks in advance!
    -BreTt

2. pirateninja

:roflmao:

For some reason, I highly doubt he is. He smiles too much to be the anti-christ.

3. Chris

I'm glad you put thought into it but... i'm with her!^

4. Phantasma

The writing pertaining to the idea of an apocalypse and antichrist is an incredibly... 'out there' piece of literature. It seems to be something written by someone with an advanced kind of mental helath issue or dementia, so I don't think we have to worry about an apocalypse really.

And as far as scientists found the only possible problem coming into play around 2012 would be the earths position in comparison to a nearby black hole... so, unless Obama is able to rearrange the solar system so we get sucked into the black hole, I doubt he will lead to the apocalypse.

5. TyraBanksIsFierce

black hole? o.o

6. Phantasma

Well I'm no expert on the subject, I just watched a special on the discovery channel that was mentioning black holes =P

But ya.. apparently by the time 2012 rolls around they are expected a new black hole to have formed or appeared that could throw the balance or order of the planets off.
    http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/10106.asp

7. pirateninja

And besides, people have thought the apocalypse was coming many times in the past, most notably on 6/6/06, and they never came.

Besides, if the world can survive Hitler, I'm sure we can survive Barack Obama.

8. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing will come of anything when the Mayan calander ends in 2012. It's ignorant and poor education that allows them to think that way. Sorry for being blunt, but no one can really take that seriously...

9. Micah

"he comes with all deceivableness of unrighteousness."

You would hardly expect the anti-christ to be spotted straight away would you? Lucifer is a little more cunning and crafty than that.

10. Phantasma

I don't believe it, really.. just seems like an overhyped scare story in my opinion. People have thought the apocalypse was coming hundreds of times throughout history, yet we're all fine aren't we?

11. Bryan90

Not to mention the millennium in year 2000, and somewhere in the 19th century when everyone thought that the rapture would advent.

If God loves us and the world so much, I don't think He would end it with an antichrist and an apocalypse. Destroying something you created and love would be done sentimentally. If He really wants to destroy us with torment, "then He is not God, and we would have nothing to worry about" (orlando bloom, kingdom of heaven).

12. Trumpetplyer23

Honestly, I think what the Mayans did was they said "okay, let's predict the world will end on 6/6/06, and if it doesn't end then, we'll have 12/12/12 as a back-up!" Because if you add sixes to 6/6/06, what do you get? 12/12/12.

We could always shave Obama's head and see if there is a '666' tattoo, just kidding.

I'm not the biggest Obama fan, seeing as I wanted Hillary to win, but I think calling him the Anti-Christ is a bit of a stretch.

13. Jebs

Hmmm I was just thinking... so was 11/11/00 put down in the record books for the most wishes wished for on that day? Hmm I don't know how to word that better, oh well. Just wondering...

14. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I highly doubt he is.

Plus, It's kinda depressing to dwell on it. Like someone said, we can survive hitler, we can survive Obama.

15. iNinjaTeddyBear

I doubt it. Idk politics are just to confusing.

16. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As an atheist, I really don't care. I personally think that it's ridiculous how far some people will go to convince themselves of things, and when politics are dragged in it throws everything out of order. Not voting for someone out of fear he may be the antichrist is senseless babble to me.

17. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Most religions are based on fear. It is what they use to get people to "behave". To say Barack Obama is the anti-Christ is playing on the fear of people who are already vulnerable. To put it bluntly.............it's CRAP.

18. EthanS

EthanS Guest

But the thing is Its not just the Mayan calendar that says the world will end in 2012 other religions says it too dont they? cant remember which ones though

19. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

uh oh u figured it out guess satan will just have to kill u now!!

20. Arrk

I agree with the fear concept of religion.

I am a fervent believer in Catholicism and I don't even believe in the Antichrist- even if I did I doubt I'd believe it was Obama, I mean people thought, AND STILL DO believe that Ronald Reagan was the Antichrist.