1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Randy, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello all, I need input as I am a very un-creative person.

So I'm running for student senate and if I were to make a video, what would I include in there to encourage people to vote for me? I was thinking of stating my platform; however, if I do just this, it would be very boring and frankly if I were another person, I wouldn't watch it. What could I include in there for a person to be like: "Yea, I'll vote for this dude. He seems like a qualified candidate and could do quite a bit for my school." You're probably thinking, "What is he really asking of us?" And while that is a valid question, I want to ultimately 'show' that I really am there for the students and just not tell.

:help: :help: :help: :help:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A sexy dance?

Or you could go FIND a student and bother them on camera about what they want to happen and then say that you'll do that thing...rinse and repeat.

I don't know I'm not good at these things. Perhaps the dance was better.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try to do something unique, and show your personality. This way, people will remember your video, and will recognize your name when they vote. You don't want to drone on and on about something. Maybe you could act out scenes that you want to fix at the school? Adding some comedic value to the video will keep people engaged, and it will help get your point across.

4. Nikky DoUrden

Throw the video away and then say "Pick me not for the beautiful video i'll put up for you, but for the things i'll actually do for you", at least that what I saw on Community :grin:
    Ok maybe not exactly that but the point is that make them feel ur not all talk and all

5. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha a sexy dance would make the video haha but I don't that is exactly SGA material.

Maybe I'll end of saying something to that effect at the beginning or something...

I'm helping my friend with his homework one day this week so may be I could get some footage of lending a helping hand to the student.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just like in music, people will remember the beginning and the end. I agree that you need to find something that makes you unique. Try finding what are the concerns of many students, not just ones you personally know, and then develop a clever and funny way to address them.