1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the most frustrating thing that has happened to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cubiculum, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Cubiculum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Title says it all, really. What is the most frustrating thing that ever happened to you?

This is my story:
    I recently spent over £120 buying all the Doctor Who box sets to watch on my large TV. They arrive after a week of waiting and I open them, getting ready to set them up and enjoy watching them. Then the next day my dad walks in the room saying he's renewed our Netflix subscription and they have all 7 series of DW! Life just isn't fair sometimes :frowning2:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh so many things...recently this:

Sold 2 guitars on eBay in January.
    I know there is a fee to be paid, but since ebay handle the sale AND can take money whenever they need to and basically deal with the whole thing I assumed they took it at point of sale.
    This idea is confirmed when I get my 'January' invoice.
    Late Feb rolls around and suddenly I get my 'February' invoice saying I owe them £35. WHy they couldn't have told me in January I will never know.
    March happens and they rob me of £35 out of the bank without verification.

3. Cass

I bought my first car, but i didnt have it legal yet, I needed the money to get the tags and stuff. So when i FINALLY got the money, got it insured and everything, on my way to the DMV MY FREAKING TRANSMISSION DIED and i had to buy a new car

4. Cubiculum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whoa, that sucks! Did it all work out in the end?

5. Yosia

Yohio didnt win Melodifestivalen!!! >.<

I paid 60£ to get my phone repaired and i dropped it the day after, that was rather frustrating~

I bought a new top and spilled vimto over it and it stained! >_<

I spent really much on headphones and they were half price the day after

Today, i bought popcorn and i dropped it >.<

6. DakotaInPlaid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I bought my truck in December, and he's been running perfect for being close to 30 years old. And the other day, I was getting ready to head home from somewhere, and he was completely dead. My mechanic friends can't seem to figure out what's gone wrong. (Not the battery, transmission, etc.) I had to call a tow truck and he's been sitting in my yard ever since. It's got me incredibly frustrated! :frowning2:

7. Yosia

And once, this made me cry, i had 1£ which i wanted to buy some candy so bad and i dropped it and it rolled down a drain~ i cried >.<

8. Aquilo

Doctors.

9. tscott

I had my house broken into most likely by my daughter's boyfriend who if he didn't do it is complict with it somehow. Thefts rank low on police priorities. Took all the jewelry in the house, four generations worth. A lot of high value items, but all with great sentimental value as well. Insurance will cover most of the pieces we can prove to have owned, but what about all the memories ties to the pieces...births, wedding gifts to each other, engagement rings, parents, grandparents, great grandparents.

I came out in January and we're divorcing amicably, but there's no question that we love one another. This is a legacy that's been kept for generations that was to be eventually passed on to our three children.

It bleeding sucks :bang:

10. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was bullied. So, if that triggers anyone, you don't want to read this.
    In year 2 of high school this bully M shoved me down the stairs, grabed my head and smashed it against the floor. His friends kicked me while saying freak, spaz, and countless insults I don't want to share. They told me I was a freak that didn't belong in this world and I should kill myself or they'd do it for me.

They got me almost every day, usually at lunch time. Some of them used mobile phones to film the attacks and M threatened to put the beatings on the internet if I told anyone. I lied about my injuries, played it off as me being clumsy or falling off my bicycle. To my dad I even lied that I'd gotten into fights outside of school and won them. He said it was okay as long I won.

After a nasty beating I poured the truth out to my guidance teacher. She said I injured myself for attention. Another time I secretly recorded audio of a beating with my mp3 player my parents bought me. I put the file on a disk and played it to my guidance teacher on her computer. She freaked out and told me I'd downloaded it from the internet to fool her. How the hell could she think that!? You could hear their damn voices. I didn't even have the internet at home at that time! I didn't know what else to do. I decided nobody would believe me anyway so I started lying again. I think some of my teachers saw through it because in years 3 and 4 I spent every lunchtime with them.

It was the most frustrating thing in my life EVER. They didn't believe I was being bullied.

Recently the most frustrating thing is... not much. A few mishaps here and there but it's been plain sailing this year.

11. Nick07

That is frustrating. To know that this still happens and you can hardly change it :frowning2:

Otherwise...I can't remember anything. Bad memory, I guess :icon_wink

12. laurenc

laurenc Guest

my frist laptop broke (it was used),then I bought another one for 50 bucks and then my powercord broke and I have not be able to replace my powercord :frowning2:

13. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very. I hate bullies. You don't need to be bullied to hate them, but it's made me feel strongly about it. If that is a positive.

@elliott134, at least you'll now have physical copies that you can keep. Or if you want to recoup some money you could sell them. It won't be too much of a loss if they're still new. I'm middle class; as a kid my parents gave me £5 per week, so I'd be ticked off if I lost that much money, but they did buy me a lot of stuff.

@ElliaOtaku, sellers have no rights on ebay. They'll do what they want to you. It's only recently that sellers got the right to complain about buyers! And ebay fees went through the roof for sellers now. I only had one bad experience as a buyer. This idiot seller kept emailing me with threats. He never followed through. Ebay told me to tell the police but I didn't. It's hilarious in hindsight. It's nothing compared to the stories I've read of sellers taking buyers to court over less than £2.

@tscott, my bf's house got broken into 3 years ago, so I sympathize with you in a way. Of course, that stuff was replaced, but the stuff you mentioned cannot be replaced. I hate thieves as well then.

14. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Job loss and having to leave an employer because of duress entirely based on their suspicions. What I look like, in the limited time to interview, and what I'm actually like are fairly different. No, I did not attempt to ingratiate myself with anyone (not even for work reasons), discuss sexuality, or anything like that. I did my job, put in the OT as needed, and went home, more or less.

For those who might be thinking that I should have had them by the tail or "owned them," the logistics didn't make for that. These events have been the most frustrating in my life.

And don't worry folks. There were people I went to school with who would be more "suspect" than me, and were/are also private and even nondescript when it comes to their personal matters, yet they have seen nothing of the sort. I often wonder what that has been all about. This will probably still happen to people going forward, but I believe it is going to happen less and less.

15. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Almost this exact same thing happened to me, except the trans managed to last a whole two weeks after I bought it and I chose to pay to have the trans replaced instead of getting a new car. A few years later when the trans blew again, I learned my lesson and bought a new car the next day. No trans issues yet with the new vehicle. :eusa_pray

16. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The most frustrating thing that has ever happened to me is realizing no matter what I do or how hard I try to explain things to my family that they will never understand the choices I made in my life. They will always talk behind my back and believe what they want to believe and there is nothing I can say or do about it.

17. Simple Thoughts

Well I was asked by my aunt's bf to help him out on some tree cutting job today...

I very much regret agreeing -.-

I left home at 9am and didn't get home til 8pm. I also didn't get paid yet and won't until tomorrow. Along with this I am just now getting to eat for the first time, and breaks didn't exist at all during the course of the day. >.>

I'm so frigging exhausted, completely covered in mud, and got smacked a lot by tree branches.