1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else find this strange?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gentlegiant4, Jul 15, 2008.

1. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I don't have any RL bi/gay friends at all, but recently I ran into someone through an online game and we've begun to chat.

He was telling me about how he was excited because he's going on a first date with some guy, in which the guy is to meet at my online buddy's house to have sex (?) and then see a movie after.

I gotta be honest, I was pretty taken aback.
    Is this something to be expected? Maybe the world isn't as innocent as I'd though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#1 gentlegiant4, Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  2. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

Wait... theyre going to have sex at YOUR RL friend's house...? O__O

3. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I guess that was a little unclear, lol.
    They're going to have sex, before the first date, at my online friend's house.
    Which is the part I found weird.

4. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

Woah... Hmm. I'm 99.9% sure he's going to end up regretting this.

Not to be so graphic but, I bet as soon as he cums (sorrryyyy for the word) hed go like "what the fuck did i just do..."

5. Blitzkrieg

Sadly this seems to be the way a lot of society is...
    "That was great.. What was your name again..? Never mind it doesn't matter."
    For anyone else reading I wouldn't recommend jumping head first (no pun intended..) into a sexual relationship with someone you barely know. You should get to know someone and be aware of their intentions to make sure either person doesn't get hurt. Most importantly on whatever course of action you decide, always use protection. The last thing I think anyone would want is an std because of their impulses on a one night stand, before finding someone they really care about.
    Just sharing my thoughts :slight_smile:

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it depends on what both people are after.

I know I wouldn't likely arrange to have sex with someone on first meeting them in person just because sex for me doesn't work without some type of attraction and attraction is not something I personally can just just by talking to someone and seeing their pictures. I can make a pretty good educated guess at this point but if you've never heard their voice or just seen how they carry themselves, it's tough.

However, that is not how all people are--for a fairly significant number of people, sex is just a pretty minor thing and having it with someone you don't know that well is not some huge issue. And those people get a lot of flack from sexually uptight moralisers, which sucks, since they're not hurting anyone (unless you count shattering people's illusions that sex is always some kind of big production lovey-dovey ooey-gooey hearts and rainbows kinda thing as "hurting someone," which I definitely don't).

The problem is that people take their own feelings and codes of conduct and then put them on other people, which makes a lot of sense with things like murder and robbery and theft but a lot less when you talk about sexual decision-making.

If someone isn't into relatively casual sex, great. They generally want people to respect that view of theirs, yes? Then one would think it would behoove them to respect the fact that other people have different views. Kinda like gay people generally would like straight people to respect the fact that they want to get down with people of the same gender, something a lot of people don't understand at all, yet are expected to accept. And why not? It doesn't affect straight people if gay people are having sex.

Likewise, it might seem weird to a lot of us to hear about people just jumping into bed with people, but the fact that they do doesn't do anything to us (except maybe surprise us).

I'd be more interested in finding out why they're having sex first and then seeing a movie, because usually it would be the other way around. :slight_smile:

7. tomfromeds

Altho i can c where ur coming from Joey, i dont agree completely. I mean this friend may not be thinking of what he is doing or the consequences of his actions, but following his testicles not his brain! It happens to the best of us. I mean I met this guy on another site like this. We tlked and agreed 2 meet up. I thort we were meeting like friends but he didnt. He started on me and i followed my balls not my brain. Regretted it after massively and I jst dont want this friend 2 get hurt thinking that agreeing 2 meet up with a guy for sex automatically means they will become something more. Coz loads of people believe, with help of modern media, that it creates a bond and a relationship not strengthens it! anywayz i wud advise u, gentlegiant, to tlk 2 ur friend and make sure he understands wat he's doing. Also, is this his 1st time? coz he's prob gunna regret this if it is, coz there is only ever one 1st time! Anywayz, u sound like a gd guy, i mean u sound real concerned bout this. Nice 2 no that there r still some nice guys out there, now i jst hav 2 find them :lol: